| chapter - 8 |

*Recap- Tournament in 2 weeks, Elias and Alisha came to an old man for training. Old man thinks she is a girl* (Geez, I am bad at these things! XD)

***

"I am his bodyguard and my name is Arthur," I said in a real gruff tone trying not to panic.

Old man's eyes twinkled with mischievousness.

"Oh, sorry. In old age, my eyesight has gone bad. He said with a low chuckle.

Elias looked a little concerned and narrowed his eyes on me but I immediately walked ahead as if something was very interesting.

"Is it the time?" the old man asked Elias.

"I don't know yet. I am still not perfect enough but I think I love my people more than the present king."

"Loving someone is not enough Eli Being able to protect the one you love is what matters. If you don't have that power then there is no use. "

Elias nodded in agreement.

"I have a tournament coming up and I want to win that. People are under the delusion that I am useless." Elias said with determination.

"Before that my Prince you need to spread some rumours." The old man said and then he whistled in tune.

Two little kids around five or six came running inside the house after a while.

"Rose and Adam , it's time to tell the famous stories about the Prince." He said and kids nodded with a happy smile.

They ran away discussing something with each other as if they were had some strategy.

"What are the rumours about?" I asked feeling damn curious.

"Well, people should know that Prince is worthy of becoming the King. And also the Ministers should decide on what side they will be working on. But you will soon find out what the rumours are." He said still looking like he was mocking me in some manner.

"And you guys should now go and get some rest. We start working right away." The old man instructed.

I followed the Prince naturally and sat down on the matted floor even before he could.

"You can't wear that mask forever." He suddenly said making my heart jump.

"You were able to fool half the kingdom that you are nothing but a lazy prince." I countered his statement.

"You know your brother said that you were a kind person, well mannered and really tall. You do not fit the description." He might have thought about all this carefully.

"I am the youngest brother." I lied.

"Oh, he never told me about you." He looked kind of sad about this.

"Well, we were not always on good terms, so."

I was saved yet again but I had no idea for how long.

***

Josiah Kirk was old man's name but Elias called him Sir Kirk. When I woke up after a long sleep I realized that Prince was already out practicing something since I could hear Kirk and him talking.

I walked out and both the men turned to look at me.

"He says you are the best warrior he has ever seen, let's test that," Kirk said allowing Prince to rest.

"I just woke up let me get my senses back."

"No excuses . You are a royal guard, suppose to stay alert at all times of the day."