Chapter 7

Alexander James P. O. V

Huffing out a sigh of relief, I look back at where Nora sits on the couch probably going through everything I've just told her.

The knot my stomach hasn't eased and I know for a fact it won't even begin to do so any time soon.

Why am I such an asshole?

Grumbling under my breath, I head out of the house and get into my car, starting and revving the engine, then make the half an hour drive to my office.

All the while through the journey, I can help but to feel like a jackass.

I mean yes I told Nora everything, well nearly everything, just that one key factor I might have forgotten to mention to her.

I seriously need to clear my head.

-------------

The tall gray skyscraper with silver lettering of my company greets me as I turn into the small entry way only for James? Jack? something or another to take my keys and park my car in its specific place.

Heading inside, I nod my head as various employees greet me and probably want to get a chance to suck up to me but I don't heed them any notice and move on my way.

Stepping into the elevator, I watched as the people stiffen up and glance from me and then to their colleagues, a inconspicuous smile making its way on to my lips as to how they feel so uncomfortable.

Well some of them at least.

A brunette turns to me and folds her arms under her chest, pushing her cleavage up trying to get my attention.

"Sir." She greets me.

I just nod my head and turn to face the elevator doors, not bothering to give her my time of day.

Even just glancing at her, I couldn't help but to think her hair wasn't that precise shade of brown, no it was too light, Nora's was so dark it was almost black and yet at the same time not.

This woman's eyes were also the wrong type, both the colour and shape.

Nora has the bluest eyes in the world, so azure and captivating I could stare into them for hours, especially when she tries to look all menacing and serious but ends up looking so adorable all I want to do is hold her in my arms and never let her go.

Wait?

Did I actually just think that?

I internally crying as I try to restrain myself not to fawn all over the image of Nora in my head.

Ever since I got married to her, well way before that actually, I can't help but to overlook every woman that goes past.

Always pointing out little things on how they don't compare to my Nora.

I was whipped and proud about it as well.

Taking my phone out of my pocket to check and see if I have any messages, I almost groan loudly at the wallpaper that holds a picture of a laughing Nora, trying to hide her face away from the camera.

My smile turns into a full blown grin as I find myself going to my inbox.

~ I miss you ~

I wait in anticipation and luckily I don't have to wait a second more as I get a message back.

~ I miss you too, hurry back xx~

I can't help but to feel giddy at the thought of going back home to here so with one last message of 'I love you's' and what not, I quickly head out of the open elevator doors and into my office, wanting to get everything done as quickly as possible.

------------

Typing on laptop at a hundred miles an hour, I pause check my phone to see if I have any messages.

Nora still hasn't messaged me back.

It's been a whole minute, what the hell could she be doing?

My door opens without any warning and I almost jump out my seat in hopes of Nora being behind the door.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a slight stubble.

Definitely not Nora.

"Alexander." Comes his joyful voice as he holds his arms out to hug me.

"Piss off Greg, I'm busy." Is all I say as I check my phone once more.

"Aw lover boy's probably missing his wife." He laughs.

Greg's laughter is cut off as someone else steps into the rooms, the silence emitting from the person gives me all the clues to know who it is.

I don't even have to raise my head to know it's Damien.

"What brings the both of you here." I say unable to hold back my smile as I greet the both of them.

"You wanted to talk, so I'm here." Greg says happily, joy and energy practically exuding from him.

Looking up at Damien, he inclines his head towards Greg, agreeing with him.

Letting them both enter, they take their seats across from me.

Greg still smiling from ear to ear while Damien sits cool and calm, the same usual façade he always maintains.

"Ever the talkative one aren't ya?" Greg laughs looking at Damien.

Damien merely looks at him and shrugs, "I only speak when I deem I have to."

Shaking my head at my cousin and best friend and clear my throat.

"Let me guess, you got tired of married life and want to go to some exotic place to get a load of girls and incredulous drunk with your friends?" Greg asks almost bouncing in his seat.

You could tell from a mile off that he was the youngest out of the three of us and most immature as well.

"No."

Greg's face immediately falls and I can hear him mutter "cockblock" under his breath.

Rolling my eyes at him, I clear my throat once more and motion to the both of them.

"How much do the both of you know about Sam Jenkins."

"Right asshole that one, got a ten foot pole up his ass as well." Greg says.

"I'd have to agree with Greg on that." Damien says in thought.

"I mean about his business." I clear.

"Has he been troubling you cousin?" Asks Damien, now looking more into the conversation than before, probably connecting the dots.

"Yes, he has. I'm pretty certain he's behind the accident."

The both of them immediately know what I'm talking about and straighten up, Greg turning completely serious and Damien well being more Damien.

"We have a lot to discuss."

--------------

AN: Whoo! I managed to get this out in time. I'm so proud 😭 Anyways hope you all liked the insight into Alexander and his friends all that jazz. I might not be able to update till Saturday so yeah! Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share