It was bound to Happen

Chapter 14

                It had been a restless night. I had tossed and turned all night. I felt so annoyed. I felt so betrayed that Xander would try to pull that trick on me. It felt like I had escaped from one person to someone else that would force me into things if I didn’t agree or didn’t want to do something. I didn’t want that kind of life anymore. I want to some independence and make my own choices whether they are right or wrong.

                Against all my thoughts telling me to sleep and probably my better judgement I crawled from the bed. I dragged myself into the bathroom and looked at my reflection. I looked like a zombie. My hair was untamed and quite frankly scary. My eyes were dull and quite frankly I looked tired. I felt that to be honest. I changed from the pyjamas I was in before quickly showering and for once placing my hair into a messy bun.

                I gently pulled my hair away from my face before finding a bobble and pulled it up. I delicately moved my fingers until I had created a pretty decent bun. I then changed into a light blue vest top which matched the colour of my eyes and some white shorts. I walked around my room bare foot not sure what to do with myself.

                I heard the lock in the door turn before the door opened. I prayed that I wouldn’t see Xander walk through that door. I couldn’t face him right now. In walked Julia. She smiled at me as she held a tray of food. I could smell hot chocolate come from the mug. She placed it onto the bed and sat down on the chair in the corner. I sat on the edge of the bed cradling the cup of hot chocolate in my hands.

                I took a quick sip before glancing a look at Julia. She was thinking and slightly zoned out before she looked at me.

                “You are really beautiful,” She spoke.

                “Ummm. Thank you,” I smiled.

                “I heard about the argument you had with Xander. He is really sorry for Alpha Commanding you. He is just concerned for his mate. That is all he ever meant,” Julia explained.

                I took another sip of the hot chocolate before answering.           

                “I know but he should let me have my space. In time, maybe. I might tell him but in the midst of war. His wolf really doesn’t need to know. It is bad enough I am here anyway. He needs full concentration for war. I have my reasons. He can’t force me to say. I don’t want to. He needs to understand that I don’t want to relive all of it. I hate my life and what I am. I just can’t talk about these things easily. I felt betrayed last night,” I spoke, my voice was slightly better but still slightly croaky.

                “I understand,” Julia spoke, “The rogues are constantly on our borders. They haven’t made an attempt to breach the territory line. I think they know you are here. They haven’t made any moves or demands as of yet. We have tried to get through to the Wolf Council and other packs but all our means of communication are down.”