Eighteen: White Roses

Comment of the Chapter:

Even if her secret does get out, people are gonna think she did it surgically. That means more rumors...if that's what Serena's after because it seems like it. I can already see it.
"Can you believe her? She's such a weirdo. Actually trying. Ugh!" Ha ha. Totally epic right?

Thanks to Ananiya for this scene. Dude, that's funny and totally what the other people would say if Serena's secret get's out. And yes, it's totally epic :)

Chapter Eighteen: White Roses

“I’m bored,” I sighed loudly as dropped back onto Kurt’s bed.

“But it’s Christmas!” Kurt shouted as he turned around on his swivel chair to face me.

“Yeah, and you’re on the internet,” I pointed out. See? This is why you don’t celebrate Christmas early. It just leaves actual Christmas day boring and painfully long. “What are you doing anyways?” I asked curiously as I sat up from Kurt’s bed.

“Nothing,” Kurt answered quickly as he turned back around to cover up the computer monitor.

“Kurt, I already know about your . . . umm, interesting hobbies. No need to be so alarmed,” I assured him. “But, it’s kind of odd you’re doing this on Christmas of all days,” I pointed out, slightly disgusted by the thought.

“I’m not watching porn!” Kurt defended himself as turned around to face me again, leaving the monitor obstruction-free.

I took this as a chance and shoved pushed Kurt’s swivel chair out of the way and looked at the screen. Thankfully, it wasn’t porn. It was just Facebook.

“Facebook on Christmas, Kurt, really?” I tsked jokingly.

“Rena, I wouldn’t keep looking if I was you,” Kurt said seriously, but I ignored him and kept looking since he told me not to look.

Everything so far was just people saying “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays”. Suddenly something caught my eye. It was some girl’s photo album called “Ser-Fattie fails” and the cover photo was me drenched in the punch.

I clicked on it to reveal more embarrassing photos at me at the dance. There was one of me trying to “seduce” Alex. The caption was “Lol. Look at the cow on her face . . . oh wait. That’s her face”. The photo had gotten 57 likes and 89 comments so far.

“Rena, are you okay?” Kurt quickly exited the window and looked at me worriedly.

But, I couldn’t stop smiling. “Of course I’m alright. I’m an internet sensation,” I said proudly. Man, maybe I should get a Facebook. Then people could write on my wall instead on vandalizing school property.

“Rena . . .” Kurt still didn’t look certain about my emotional state.

“Kurt . . .” I mocked him before giving him a laugh. “I’ll be fine,” I tried assuring him once more, patting his back. “You want to go make Christmas tree-shaped cookies?” I asked excitedly, remembering the old Davidson tradition.

Instantly the worry in Kurt’s eyes vanished and was replaced with glee. “I’ll go get Dad!” he called as he dashed out his room with a bright smile.

:::x:::O:::x:::

I’ve glanced at the gravestone in front of me so many times before, and yet, no matter how many times I try to rid of the feeling, the same grief and sorrow nips at my soul every time.

 Melinda Davidson
(1972-2009)
Beloved mother and wife

“She would have been so proud of you guys,” my dad spoke, breaking the silence that had fallen upon us ever since our arrival to the cemetery.