Chapter 17

1000% Not Edited. Read With Caution.

I had no time to dread Landon's lack of communication. I had a job to do. I had been reading articles, and searching the internet for anything to help me understand.

I took refuge in Landon's office the next day. I stated with what I knew from the William case.  I taped the newspaper articles, and the picture of the beautiful red head on the large glass window. Thinking about how our lives connected but hers ended, and mine continued makes me shudder. That could have easily been my ending.

Walking around Landon's desk I looked for a map that I knew he would have stored in one of his dowers. I had no luck until I reached the bottom of the last dower. I let out a sigh as I pulled out the large map. I was just about to shut it when I saw bright yellow sticky notes. Looks like Landon was doing some digging of his own. I read them as I walked to the window.

"Natalie Williams. Daughter of Beta Williams. Peace pack."

"Hannah Green. Sister of Luna Green. Nature pack."

I know these names. I know these girls. Landon was making a list of every girl Andrew ever took for money, and the way to get into contact with them. I opened the map, and saw that he had marked where the sights each girl was taken from. I taped that to the center of the window and stepped back to study it. This proves what I learned in my previous reading. Justin has a comfort zone.

The first kidnapping happen with me five miles away from the house I was held. I felt chills run down my spine as I thought of being so close to my family for so long. How could they never have found me? I shook away those thoughts before they became more dangerous to my mental state.

Then, he took Abby Far. She was my previous Alpha's daughter. The house he kept us was just outside my packs territory, so it made sense that he started with the pack closes to him.

From there, he took Casey Lane the sister of Alpha Lane who, although didn't live in the area, was visiting her aunt 10 miles from the house. Through out the time of his kidnapping, he evolved into something braver. He took a girl from her room while she slept. Creep.

The office doors were thrown open by James as he walked in carrying a stack of boxes that tucked under his neck. It reminded me of that mouse in the princess movie, Cinderella, I recently watched with Chole. The mouse Gus Gus had carried the corn under his chin like James. I fell into a fit of laughter as I watched him struggle around the room. My laughter startled him, and the boxes came tumbling out of his hands.

"My word . Lily, you scared the shit out of me." He said holding a hand to his heart.

"I apologize. I guess it would have been better if I offered to help instead of laughing wouldn't it?"

"That would have been much more appreciated." He said as his eyes wander from me to the window. "What in the world are you up to?"

"I'm trying to get everything in my head on paper. I thought it would help me understand or figure more out."

"Has it?"

"Well, in a way," I waved him over to the map," it has. I have noticed his 'hunting grounds' for lack of better words. It has grown with each successful crime. But I noticed a snap in his profile. See how each cite intercepts to the house he kept us in? After the kidnapping of Laney Brown, he changed his comfort zone completely. I want to find out what caused this change."

"I have Alpha Browns number in my office. I can give it to you if that's what you want."

"Yes, thank you." I replied my eyes running to the spilled boxes. "What's all this?"