Chapter 19: I Liked You Better When You Were Body Snatched.

UNEDITED 

Breathe in. breathe out.

Breathe in Breath ou-achooo.

My cold had started acting up and I had sneezed at least five times in the last two minutes.

Yay life.

I look at my phone trying to send the most impersonal text possible.

To Jak(e)ass

Ashley is coming to pick you up.

That's impersonal enough.

I had quickly texted Ashley to come pick Jake up from school after the fight scene Jake had started. I just hope that Jake sucks up his ego long enough to go home.

No one really knows what the fight started for, thats a secret only Jake and Kevin seem to know and Kevin was not in the best shape to say anything and Jake had disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Good riddiance.

"Hello Earth to Clara." Samantha says making me looking up.

"What?" I ask her kind of startled.

" That." She says in a disgusted tone looking at Jeremy and Rebecca next to her in the cafeteria where of course the topic everyone was talking about was the fight.

The fight that lasted about 10 minutes had made enough gossip to last for 10 days.

She says it softly so that only I can hear because clearly she doesn't want them hear after her fight with Rebecca she had became much more careful.

"I don't know what to wear to winter ball."Rebecca says,"I do have a pretty dress but Im not sure it will match."

"Babe you will look good in whatever you know it." Jeremy replies giving her a genuine smile.

My heart sinks at the choice of their topic. The Winterball. I remember when Jake asked me...

You know what screw it I am done thinking about Jake the guy can go with Ashley or lie dying in a corner of the street see if I gave a damn and I doubt he really meant it when he asked me.

"So you did come to see the fight in the end." Samantha says in a desperate attempt to make conversation and drown out theirs.

Just remembering about the fight makes me think about Jake and that makes me want to puke.

"Yeah." I say trying to sound light,"I mean who could resist seeing Jake getting his ass kicked."

Samantha rolled her eyes.

"Oh please you looked like you were about to faint during the fight." Samantha says smirking.

Shit people noticed that? And I wasn't going to faint I just felt slightly queasy.

"I'm sick." I say not completely lying or telling the truth,"And I don't like blood very much."

"Yeah yeah sure why not." Samantha said,"You don't like blood very much when it is coming from Jake and lets not even mention the eye contact crap you did. For a moment I thought you weren't selling the fake dating thing."

"Eye contact?" I ask sort of confused.

Samantha smirks.

"You know exactly what I am talking about." Samantha says.

"When did you become Rebecca?" I ask.

"When she started to completely ignore us." She said looking at Rebecca who was completely oblivious to our conversation.