forty-three → being all cool and badass, i love it!

PURE AND TAINTED
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
( being all cool and badass, i love it! )

USING LITTLE STRENGTH, ALINE dashed straight into a heavily armored man and delivered a harsh punch to his gut. He grunted loudly and dropped his gun, allowing her to punch him once then bring her knee to slam into his sternum. Her elbow slammed into the side of his head, and she grinned in satisfaction when he dropped to the ground unconscious. "I did something, yay," she cheered through the comms, then looked over to Steve beside her. She saw that he had taken out a number of men as well. "Now... where is everyone else?"

Her question was answered not even a minute later when both Sam and Wanda appeared, the latter floating down with the help of her powers to meet them on the ground. She moved her hands to create a large red shield just as a man jumped from the truck behind them and shot at her. Wanda shouted for Sam, and she twisted her hands once more, constricting him and throwing him through the air. Sam came sailing through, jumping down from the landing above and kicking him.

"Rumlow is on the third floor!" Sam announced, looking at his scanner as Red Wing examined the rest of the building. Aline could see that from the building, a gas was slowly flooding through the windows.

Steve pointed to Wanda, saying, "Wanda, just like we practiced."

"What about the gas?"

"Get it out." Steve got a running start, waiting for Wanda to use her power and force him into the third floor window.

The moment they saw Steve crash through a window, Aline appeared beside Wanda and gave her a quick peck to her cheek. "Don't worry, you'll be just fine," she said. This wasn't Wanda's first mission, far from it, but she knew her girlfriend still had a bit of hesitation with each one. She cupped both her hands around her mouth as Wanda moved closer to the building. "You got this, hot stuff!"

Wanda turned to hide her blush, then moved her hands. She easily manipulated the toxic gas, forcing it out of the building to create a large tornado that spread out high above them. Aline bit her lip, nudging Sam with her elbow. "C'mon, tell me that's not hot."

Sam rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "Jesus, you're obsessed."

"Duh." It's not like she was going to deny it at this point; they all saw the way Aline watched Wanda, and vice versa. "Besides... obsessed, in love 一 same difference."

The tribrid let out a hiss, crying out as a sharp pain sprouted in the back of her thigh. Another one, somewhat similar to a stabbing sensation appeared near her spine, and she whirled around. Her eyes glowed its typical golden color, and she glared at the man before her. Somehow, he managed to stand up and shoot her perfectly despite all his injuries. His gun was aimed in their direction, and Aline quickly flitted behind him. "Hello!" she shouted innocently, grinning when he turned around in surprise. Her movements were quick, barely visible to the naked eye, as she ripped the helmet off his head and pulled his head so it revealed his bare neck. Aline bared her fangs, digging them straight into his jugular. The familiar taste of blood filled her mouth, and she tried not to moan with ecstasy; it'd been a few days since she last fed, and it's been a long while since she had anything fresh. Aline made sure to keep her back turned to Wanda and Sam, not wanting them to see her bloodthirsty nature. Yeah, they accepted what she was and they were cool with her, but that didn't mean they were okay with seeing her drain a man to near death with her mouth.

Once she heard his heartbeat slow, she dropped him and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Even though they were bad guys, she was still working on the whole not-killing thing. She wasn't the biggest fan of death or bloodshed, and she was trying. She started to walk back to Sam and Wanda, who was just wrapping up her job. The gas had fully been dealt with, and Aline ran up to them, hugging Wanda from behind and pressing several kisses to her shoulder. "That's my girl! Being all cool and badass, I love it!"