Of Course

Clover froze at his last three words, her whole body tensing up. He loved... her? Clover didn't know how to react. Her wizard parents were somewhat loving towards her and she respected that. Her brother was abusive and she tried to steer clear of him... but Newt... he actually loved her. How could he love her?

"C-Clover?" Newt asked softly. He immediately thought maybe she didn't feel the same. The feeling was one-sided.

"I know I love you." She said as quietly as she could muster.

Clover had loved Newt from the start. When they first met at Hogwarts, whispering in the library, letting her borrow his Hufflepuff scarf when she was cold, accidentally bumping into each other as an excuse to talk, all those typical clichés.

Newt broke into a smile, his freckled cheeks warm. By now they were inches apart, leaning across the table. "Would it be okay if I kissed you?" He asked her.

Clover nodded, her cheeks beyond red. Newt leaned forward and gently pressed his lips to hers. Her hands immediately moved to his curly locks, running through the gingery curlicues. His went to the small of her back, feeling along her soft peachy skin. The kiss deepened quicker than the wave of a wand, their bodies moving closer and closer, when finally they peaked for breath.

"I never imagined you'd be such a good kisser." Newt grinned.

"Don't get cocky." She blushed and laughed quietly.

Newt chuckled and took her hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing it. Clover bit her lip, blushing even brighter. He picked her up bridal style causing a squeal and a laugh from Clover. "It's late. Let's get you to bed."

Clover nestled her head in the crook of his neck, yawning softly. Newt sat her down in her bed and tucked the covers under her chin. "Goodnight, Clover." Newt kissed her forehead. "It's nice being able to do this without a worry."

Clover smiled and nodded. Newt turned to leave. "Wait." She grabbed his arm. "Will you stay with me?"

"Of course."