17

AN: Before we get into this chapter I have two notes.

First: this chapter was HEAVILY inspired by a kick-ass musical song which is going to be linked. I recommend listening to it after reading, you'll be able to tell big time. Wow, I love this song.

Second: starting today I'm gonna be changing my updating schedule. I'm going to post an entire AN chapter after this one about it, but for now, that's all I'll say.

Anyways, into the chapter!

|--| |--| |--|

As soon as Maverick knew that ______ had taken the potion, he let go of the curse on Newt. It was as if he had just woken up. The last thing he remembered was Maverick pointing his wand at him, and now, he was standing in front of ______, her against the wall. "What is happening?" Newt asked, looking from ______ to Maverick.

"Try dealing with her now," Maverick said with a sickly smirk, grabbing Newt's case and apparating before Newt could ask anything. What is that supposed to mean? He had so many questions.

Newt turned to ______, and almost immediately, he knew there was something wrong. She looked pale and sickly, like she did after they would apparate. "______, are you alright? What did he do to you?" Newt asked, worry and panic in his voice. He can't have missed helping her again, and he hoped that she was fine. That it was his imagination. That there was a reasonable answer for the gap in his memory.

"Nothing," she replied in a sweet voice Newt never heard her use. "Hey, can I tell you something?"

Newt gave her a strange look. "Right now? Shouldn't we do it later? Maverick got away, and we need to find where he went."

"It won't take long," she assured him. "Besides, a minute can crawl by when there's something you want real bad."

Newt raised an eyebrow. What was she talking about? "Alright then... what is it?" he asked, his curiosity getting the best of him.

"I've been waiting for this for a long time," she told him. "For us to be alone, no distractions, no one else around who might come barging in."

"What do you mean?" he asked. "We were alone at your apartment. ______, what's wrong?" he asked, looking into her eyes. Suddenly, he was enchanted by how pretty they were, and they were completely focused on him. He always admired them, and even now, they had a special gleam to them. Getting nervous, he drifted his eyes down to her lips.

"Nothing's wrong," she said, taking a step towards him, grabbing the loose ends of a tie he never bothered to do. I beg to differ, Newt thought. Something strange is going on here.

"______, we really need to get going," he told her, but he didn't even move. It was as if he was stuck there. Nothing was holding him back but himself.

"But why?" she asked, then bit her lip. She was still looking into his eyes, but he was focused in on her lips. "There's something else I want to tell you."

"What is it?" He asked. Everything else was forgotten, all he wanted to do was know why ______ was acting like this. He could tell she wasn't acting like herself, or at least, that's what he thought. She was being flirty, something he never noticed her doing.

And he'd be lying if he said he wasn't intrigued.

"Are you scared?" she asked suddenly. She noticed he wasn't really looking at her, or at least, not in her eyes. This was a habit of his, but right now, under the amortentia, she was just saying the first things that came to mind.

"Why would I be scared?" he asked, her, still looking at her lips. He wasn't scared, more just shocked. He wasn't sure what was happening, and he didn't like not knowing. "What do you want to tell me?"