20.0

NOT STRONG ENOUGH

Three days had passed, and neither of the party's had budged. Daria had not received food on her demands, so she refused to eat anything.

The room was dark and dusty. Shadows disappeared into corners and the walls were beyond the reach of the waning light. The sole bulb that shone on her highlighted her starving body.

The door opened and she was beyond excited to see her friends face, and although it had a few bruises here and there, the rest of him seemed alright.

'Here, drink some water.' Roman brought the rim of the full glass to Daria's mouth who gulped it greedily.

'Thank you.' She replied in a hoarse whisper, her dry lips had finally received a small amount of water which it absorbed in a jiffy.

Roman stared at her face for a millisecond more, and then got up from his squatting position on the ground, and pushed her hair back very carefully using the tip of his finger.

'You're treated like a captive here Daria, why don't you run?' He asked and the female gasped, putting a small hand over his mouth in shock.

'You know why I don't Ro, you've got to be knowing.'

'Pray, I don't understand, if it's because you love that sorry excuse of a mate, then I would say that you've lost your bonkers!' He exclaimed, a comical sight for Daria as it twisted his face into a funny face.

'What if I said that I never had them.' She replied, a teasing tone in her voice that surprised him.

'I suppose I have no reply to that.' A strange laugh escaped her mouth, one that could be described as the sounds of a dying horse. She brushed her hair back, and smiled as Roman had done the same thing just a few measly moments ago. 'But do you really love him?' He insisted on knowing, his heart was beating hard like a drum, and it could be heard by both the werewolves present in the room.

'No.' She softly whispered. 'Could you ever love a man with a rotten heart and who felt no emotions? Someone who treated you like your place was lower than the dirt on his shoe?'

Roman's strong hands itched to gather Daria's frail body and envelope her in his hands, but it wouldn't be possible, and it would be truly painful for both if the female's mate caught a whiff of his scent on her.

'Then why don't you try harder to leave!' He sad with a little anger leaking into his voice.

'What do you think I'm supposed to do, take your help and get you killed?' Her fierceness was shining through her eyes and visible for all to see was the long deep gash that ran down her shoulder, untreated.

'This is new.'

'I- I fell down on the steps.' She covered the wound.

'Daria.' He warned, looking in pain. He loved her, they didn't know what kind if love was it yet, but something was there and that made him feel what she felt. And what she felt, was pure unadulterated pain.

'The new guard tried to pull me into the room, but when I shrugged him off he got angry and I slipped, that's all.' She assured him. She clenched her hands and unclenched them, repeating the action till her hands were covered by larger warmer ones that held it firmly.

She jerked her hands with widened eyes, they were scared and nervous and made her look like someone was behind her for her blood. The only thought running through her mind was that he touched her too carelessly and if he wanted to leave alive then he would have to wipe up her scent from her body.

'Why aren't you careful Ro? He will murder you if he gets to know that you touched a single hair on my head.' She screeched, not put of annoyance but worry for her friend.

'If I didn't know how he was I would have actually thought that you're talking about a proper mate, one who cares.' Roman snorted, shaking his head.

'Maybe this is what I was destined for.' Daria said, feeling a little defeated. Her ankles hurt and so did her shoulder. But the biggest pain was a constant one thrumming from the bottom of her heart.

'You're strong Daria, you can escape.'

'But not strong enough.' She replied, looking up at his cerulean blue eyes that held a solemn feel to it. 'We are going back to the same topic over and over again Roman, how do you expect me-' She stopped and coughed, rubbing her dry throat. Ro produced another bottle of water from his clothes and handed it to her, waiting for her to drink it.

'Everyday you stay here you're going to get weaker, not only are you a captive but also a heartbroken wolf. I will repeat this again and again, every single day and every time I talk to you till you pick that arse off the floor and run. Understood?' He said.

'Your nagging is worse than my mother who had a tendency to go overboard with the smallest of things.' Daria's laugh was like music to Roman's ears.

'I guess I would make a rather awesome mother wouldn't I?' He joked.

'A mother? Definitely. I can see that you possess all the features of a woman, now all you need is a child.' She grinned.

'Ha ha, so funny.'

'You trapped yourself into it.'

Two sharp knocks on the door distracted Daria and Roman.

'You're not allowed to get to friendly Wilde, don't forget what the consequences are.' Vincent's voice ordered from outside the door.

'I've got to leave, but I'll talk to you tomorrow?' He handed her a pen and paper and smiled, pointing towards the paper and pretending to write something on it. Daria nodded and put her hands forward to hug him, but pulled them back before he leaned it.

Why make the same mistake twice?

_______|||_______

I know that a lot of y'all are getting impatient and frustrated, some may just be like, I want to leave already. But hold on. Don't let go so easily, and I promise you an end to remember.
(What if I just disappear off wattpad now? XD)

Saying that, more of Emerson in the next chapter!

Chapter dedication to @PoonamDevle for all the sweet 'keep smiling' comments :)

Until next time, read, vote and comment <3