58. Under the Stars

The lovely banner above was made by nerd_of_awesomenss. Thank you!

NOT THE LAST CHAPTER, AGAIN. WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH MY PLANNING SKILLS RIGHT?! XD

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS A/N AND THE A/N AT THE END

Welcome to the clean version of chapter 58. But when I say clean version, it isn't exactly devoid of ALL romance.

So for all my younger readers as well as those who are uncomfortable with some intimate content, this is a HEADS UP! This chapter could be uncomfortable for you.

Those who want all the naughty details can head over to my restricted chapters book 'Private Privileges' where the mature version of this chapter has been posted. Please do VOTE here before you go darlings, it would make me very happy!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

Come on Suzzanah, faster!

I dashed across the woods following the path lit up by the lanterns on either side. The darkened woods flew past me as I raced as fast as I could through the winding roads between the trees.

2 minutes may seem like a lot of time gap between me and Zuerien but an ordinary werewolf could probably complete the entire path through the woods and reach the finish line well within 2 minutes, and Zuerien was probably the one of the fastest werewolves alive so that still made my chances of winning pretty slim.

Don't give up Suzzanah! Just think! If by some stroke of luck you manage to win this, then Zuerien will have to forget about that ridiculous bet he forced you into making with him. AND you'll get to ask him to do anything you want him to!

That thought made me want to push myself to go faster. I was pretty fast runner ever since I was young which was the only thing I was counting on right now as I ran like my life depended on it.

Del had said that when the five minutes were over they'd fire a flare gun and the red flare in the sky would indicate that 'The Zuerien had been released'.

And even though I hadn't exactly kept tracks of time, I knew that my time was almost up. In order to prevent him from easily snatching the handkerchief away from me, I had tied it around a particular part of my body.

Not my hand, it would be too easy.

Not my leg, it would be too seductive and he'd enjoy removing it way too much.

Not my waist because it obviously fit around it.

And not my head because I had no idea how to tie it around there.

No, I had tied Rino's adorable penguin printed handkerchief around my neck!

And I had tied it quite securely too. Being the fragile kind of area that it was, he couldn't just yank at it or pull it off easily. He'd have to spend some time at it because damaging the handkerchief was not allowed! And I could take advantage of that time!

Ha! I'm a freaking genius!

A breathless freaking genius.

Maybe it hadn't been such a good idea to tie it so tightly around my neck. Shoot, I'm slowing down! I pushed myself to go faster despite having absolutely no air left in my lungs to spare due to the lack of even a single athletic bone in my body.