09.

❝What's going on in the kitchen, but I don't know what's cookin'.❞

My mind was scrambled. I didn't know what Katherine was going to do, more importantly who she was going to do it with. I placed my hands over face, inhaling and exhaling deeply. Too much was going on, things I don't understand, I mean how I am, just one person supposed to stop a supernatural war between the witches and vampires, but I can't stand by and watch, human or not, as two groups kill each other. I guess this one girl is going to have to stop it by her lonesome.

I pulled out my phone dialing by brothers number, it rang a few times before it picked up. There was loud music blaring through the opposite end, so much I had to hold the phone a few inches away from my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey sis, what up?" Derrick slurred

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the bar still with your friends, what's wrong?"

"Listen don't go back to the apartment okay, you stay with Jade and Sophie, crash at their place of you have to, but don't go back to my apartment, alright?"

"Yeah, but -"

"Listen I have to go, I'll see you in a couple of hours."

I hung up the phone before he could reply. I don't have any time to go back forth right now, I need to get to my car and find my aunt. I clicked my phone off, slipping into my jacket pocket. I began jogging quickly out of the gravesite and towards where a parked my car, blocks away.

My cheeks stung as cool air brushed across them, motivating me to jog faster down the sidewalk. I took one final turn, taking out my car keys, pressing the unlock button as I approached it. I grabbed the door handle, swinging it open. I hopped inside shutting the door behind me. Putting the keys in the car engine, I revved the engine before I sped off towards my aunts hair shop.

My heart was thumping against my chest as drove towards the shop. I hope and pray that my aunt was just staying in the back, restocking the shelfs with shampoo and conditioner, not conjuring up spirits and conspiring against the vampires. I pulled up a few feet away from the shop, shutting the car engine off. I closed my eyes recollecting my thoughts and figuring out plans and back up plans for those plans.

I reached across the passenger seat to the glove compartment and opened it. One of my spare guns that was issued in my briefing when I arrived weeks ago was lying inside. I checked chamber making sure the gun had bullets in it, and slipped it in the back of my jeans. Closing the drivers side door quietly, I scanned the perimeter of the salon, checking if any one was around. I approached the door, noticing that it was partially open.

I use the tip of boot to kick it softly, it made small creaking noises the more it opened up. It was pitch black in the shop, the only light was from the full moon peering through one of the windows. I grabbed my phone, again putting the flashlight on and letting it guide me. I flashed the light around, the stations, register, everything was clear.

My last result was the backroom. I took a few steps closer, counting down for a few seconds before kicking the door as hard as I could. The door swung open revealing yet an empty room, but I could tell that something had just occurred by the scent of burned candles. I flashed my light over the floor, it was covered in white chalk markings.

I squatted down, swiping chalk with my pointer finger rubbing it between my fingers. I sighed deeply surveying the room more any clues. My eyes fell on her desk, I rose up walking over to it. It was a thick book open to certain page. It was strange words and symbols, the suddenly I saw a string of French words written in the book. I could admit its been a several years since I spoke French but there were certain words that I could pick out.

'Ramener les', meant bring back, 'Âmes' meant souls and other words like lost, taken and rise were also strung together in this sentence. Suddenly everything clicked, the man I saw earlier, the full moon, the empty grave it made sense and I knew exactly where my aunt would be. I quickly scrambled out of the backroom and raced to the car. I quickly unlocked the car, hopping inside, closing it behind me. I shoved the keys into the ignition before I spead off into the street.

It only took me a few minutes to arrive at Marcel's compound, since I was pushing almost 70 mph. I parked the car about block away from the actual compound, just to make sure I wouldn't be seen. I pulled my gun from jeans, as I got out of the car closing the door behind me. I began walking, with my grip tight on handle and my finger lightly on the trigger. Making quick paces I headed towards the side of the compound as I got closer I could hear my aunts voice and others echoing in compound.

My eyes scanned the walls I noticed a small balcony that was some feet above me. There were loose bricks, it looked big enough that could possibly climb it.
I slipped the gun in the back of my jeans as I walked towards the wall. I grabbed one the bricks pulling myself up. I brought my right foot up to give me balance as I reached for the next brick. I repeated the same process until I was able to grab the railing of the balcony. I pulled myself up swinging my legs over the railing. I walked over to the door, reaching for the handle. I twist the knob but it was locked. I turned my face as I elbowed one of the glass windows, broken pieces of shattered glass falling to the ground.

Carefully, I reached inside of the hole for the lock, twisting it I unlocked the door, letting myself in. I drew my gun back out, holding it in position as I slowly approached the outer hallway. Voices grew louder as I moved closer to the center of the compound. Finally I found a comfortable spot between a corner where I could see everything that was going on.

There was my aunt, with her arm held up and her fingers on her right hand partially closed if she was holding something invisible. Across from her was Marcel on his knees, his face expressed pain, extreme pain. My eyes scanned even more to see some of Marcel's henchman lying on the ground with strange markings on their foreheads. Right next to them was the man I bumped into earlier and a brunette dressed in white. They both had their heads down, mumbling something as they held what looked like a knife. A few seconds passed and the two witches looked up, the woman bringing the knife towards Katherine.

"It's finished." The woman told my aunt

She accepted the knife examining it closely. I could see tiny sweat beads travel down Marcel's head, he looked he was in so much pain that he could barley speak.

"Now you Marcellus will finally feel what pain and torture fair worse then death feels like," She spewed

"This for all those innocent lives that you have taken for your own shelf gain. This is your end."

Then with a powerful strike Katherine stabbed Marcel. A loud yell escaped from Marcel's mouth as the knife traveled inside of his chest, disappearing into it. I covered my mouth in shock as I watched Marcel become almost lifeless and completely silent.

"Looks like we have a visitor." A voice spoke

I turned around to see a red head, also dressed in white. She was smirking at me as she raised her hand and with a swift motion my vision began to blur, everything going dark.

a/n;
hello my beautiful babes! what about that cliff hanger, lol. but i hope everyone enjoys this chapter, i really i am pushing this to be done so i can move onto a possible sequel and other books.

but thank you all who been commenting, voting, adding my book to your read lists and libraries, i really appreciate it, so thank you and see you all later!