SIX*

I sat in John's office for the third time and this was the first time that I felt like I was actually starting my new life, beginning my life over again. It was almost like all the weight had been lifted off my shoulders and it was the most amazing feeling in the entire universe.

John and Zander explained to me that I had to meet the other two packs Alphas. Apparently we were in a town that only had werewolves in it, three packs in all: Ivory Sun, Ebony Warrior, and Blue Blood. They all went to the same schools and trained together and apparently they had a strong bond. I was fairly surprised that they got along so well since werewolves are seriously territorial.

Someone knocked on the door and four men entered the room. Each of them carried the charisma of an Alpha; two of them were around Zander and my age. They went to stand by Zander in front of the mirror and the older men joined John in front of the desk. I was seated in the leather chair and we all stared at each other with impassive expressions.

The one man had blonde hair with silver streaks in it and his face was worn and tired, but I could see that when he was younger he would have been incredibly handsome. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a black dress shirt, he looked casual yet professional at the same time and it looked good on him.

The other man had chestnut brown hair that was cut short and he looked younger and with more energy than the other man. He was wearing a dark green V-neck shirt under a leather jacket along with a pair of black jeans. In every way he looked like a badass biker, and it was intimidating.

No one spoke for the longest time; dead silence enveloped the room and began to suffocate me. All the enlightenment that I was feeling vanished and I was left feeling heavy with worry, not that I would be sent back to my pack but that these men weren't going to do let me stay and I was going to be forced to leave and what would happen next... I didn't want to think about it just yet.

John was the one that broke the silence. "Greg, Mark, this is Brooke," he said gesturing to me. Formal introductions always made me feel awkward, because I never knew what to do. "Brooke, this is Alpha of the Ebony Warrior pack Greg Clark and Alpha of the Blue Blood pack Mark Jarreds."

I awkwardly waved at them and gave them a tentative smile. Greg was the blonde man and Mark was the redhead, Greg gave me a head nod while Mark sent me an amused smirk.

"Nice to meet you, miss Brooke," Mark said with a southern drawl. I immensely enjoy southern accents, they just amuse me and I could listen to them for as long as people could listen to British accents.

I stared at them for a few seconds before down casting my gaze. It wasn't that I was afraid of them, but I knew better than to look a stranger in the eyes, especially when they are an Alpha. I could feel every pair of eyes in the room scanning me, observing what I would do next. But I did nothing. I sat in the chair in the same position for who-know how long.

Greg broke the long silence. "How long have you been a rogue?" he asked bluntly.

"Nineteen days, sir," I answered with respect. It wouldn't do me any good to disrespect him.

"Why did you become a rogue, sweetheart," Mark asked, obvious compassion lacing his accent.

My face remained blank while I told them about my pack abusing me, my brother and my mate. I told them exactly what I had told John and Zander; not adding and not taking any away. They would call me out on it and I wasn't stupid enough to add more about my already tragic life to the tale. When I was finished they all looked at me with a mixture of emotions on their face, most prominent being sympathy.

What they didn't know was that I didn't need their sympathy, I didn't want their sympathy. I didn't deserve any of their sympathy, not one ounce of it was worthy to be upon my ears. I was a lame excuse of a wolf and I knew it, whether it was true or not.