59. You're Young and Your Parents Passed Away So He Gets Custody - Calum

Part 1/4

...
Requested by:
@StacyStonier
...

This one's going to be a little bit different than my usual parts. I write almost exclusively about teenagers, and never really anyone below 10. However, a part of the request is that the main character (in this case you) is between 3 and 7. I'm not used to writing this, but I'm happy to give it a shot! Please bear with me, I'm new to this perspective 😂.

Calum:
"Y/N, sweet pea, time to get up," Calum said frantically, lifting you up and out of your bed, "please! We're running late!"

It was times like these that made him wish he was much more responsible. He wished he didn't hit the snooze button thirteen times before getting up. He wished he didn't have to rush you through your morning routine. He wished he didn't have to drag you to the studio at 7 A.M. He wished he was an all-around better guardian. But most of all, he wished your parents were here to take care of both you and him.

You yawned and nuzzled your face into his shoulder trying to go back to sleep. As cute as that was, Calum didn't have the time to admire you.

"No please Y/N! We have to be at the studio in half-an-hour! You're not even dressed!" But his pleading fell on deaf ears. You had to go to the studio because Calum had to go to the studio and there was no one else to take you. Luke, Ashton, and Michael would be there, they were the go-to babysitters when Calum was working and Mali wasn't around.

"Why are you so tired? It's making things difficult," he complained, setting you back down to find you something to wear. You curled back up in your blanket while your brother tore apart your closet. You heard him sigh as he dumped your clothes on the bed next to you, you opened one eye and tiredly looked up at him. You had not been able to fall asleep the night before. Bad dreams about a horror movie Michael had on while he was supposed to be babysitting had come back to haunt you. Luke, Ashton, and Michael took turns watching you to give Calum some off-time but they weren't child-care experts by any standards either.

"Are you going to dress yourself or am I?" He asked, holding up a shirt.

You didn't even think about it, "you Cawum."

"Fine," he said, "I'll do it." You laid there like a limp noodle while he peeled your shirt off your head. "You have floppy arms. Did you know that?" He groaned while trying to push your totally limp arms through the long sleeves.

You of course thought that was super funny, so you giggled loudly while 'sleeping'.

"Oh, you think that's funny huh? I'll show you something funny!" He chuckled, and began to tickle your bare midsection.

"AH! NO! NO CAWUM!" You 'woke up' to squeal and squirm under the onslaught.

"What? I couldn't hear you," he teased, continuing to tickle your tummy.

"PEASE! PEASE CAWUM! STOP!" You laughed, trying to move his much larger, much stronger, hands away.

"Okay, but just because you said please," he smiled and held up your new shirt, "arms up!"

You didn't hold your arms up, you were tired and the tickling didn't help. So, you shook your head, "I tyuhd."

"It's 'I'm' cutie, but okay, we need to hurry though," he sighed, successfully pulling your arms out of their sleeves and tugging up your shirt.

The head-hole wasn't big enough and it got stuck on your ears. In his haste to get you changed your brother didn't notice and only tugged harder.