Th.ty Six

We were doing very well, actually. We still had one team on the floor while every other school had two groups gone. This round, we lost, and we were the only school sent going. The round after that, we made a comback and got rid of all three schools. Garrett and I were very proud, we might not even have to go out on stage. All of that came coming down when the debate started. David and Gee were totally blind sided by every school, which sent them into elimination. Garrett and I both sighed, praying before we went on stage. The bright lights hit my face, and for some reason, I grew insanely nervous.

" Crenshaw will start the debate. " the announcer stated.

" Yes, as I was saying, black culture originates from us whites. We gave them everything that they have access to today, and not one person can take that from us. " he smiled.

" I'm not going to actually justify your statement, because you sound stupid. In order for white culture to come into existence, you can't miss the word black. " a black student defended us.

" But really, I hate when black people claim that they're the originators of these such inventions. Black businesses have failed more than some of their coochies have pop. " she reasoned as some of the audience laughed, and others gasped.

" So, it's that kind of debate? Nothing off limits? " I asked, lifting my eyebrow.

" Judges, let me make it easier on you. I will say nothing, but I will accept that trophy here in a few minutes. " Garrett smiled.

" What trophy? " the girl asked.

" The trophy that I'll keep inside of my floppy coochie. And yet, that is a statement from a white whore who cries rape on black men when daddy catches her busting it open in her princess bed, right? " I started, and some gasped and laughed again. " The sop story of it all. Let me rephrase exactly what's going on here. Racist whites vs. blacks, this has nothing to do with the white Americans who have stood by us in times of unjustice. Who marched with us, and saved us from getting beat down on that bridge. Let's be honest here, the problem isn't the issue, it's the solution. And if you don't get what I'm saying, please ask for clarification. "

" I want that clarification, because that statement made no sense. " the girl rolled her neck.

" And I can provide that for you. See, I can't deal with a race that has to be brainwashed into thinking that they're superior to all others, when in reality, they're the most poor, and uneducated individuals in the world. What I want you guys to recall, is that you were in the same boats as us. There was a time in history that your women were considered property, just like us slaves. They couldn't vote, just like we couldn't. Ya'll had to boycott, just like we did. "

" But how have those moments in time helped to shape this debate? " the guy asked.

" Just what I said: history. I want to recall the moments that we had to raise your children for you, so that you could go to work and provide for your family. We've built houses from the grounds that your children, their grands, and their grands have lived and played in for over centuries. We have shaped the world with our inventions, which are not limited to, automobiles, make-up, hair brushes, stop lights, and that's just to name a few. " I informed them.

" Wait, you raised our kids? Half of your race was uneducated, so how would that be done? " the white girls asked. I was really getting sick and tired of her.

" But what you cannot deny is that we were willing to learn from lazy masters, and re-teach those same principals to their kids. Had they not been too busy bidding for the youngest serrogate, they would have had time to pay attention to what was important. " Garrett butted in, and I nodded, smirking.

" You will not disrespect those who are infertile! " the guy yelled, seeming a little offended.

" And see, that's the issue. When a white woman was raped, it was all love from everybody in the neighborhood, but the minute that one of us cried rape, no one was around. It was always submit, or be thrown out. America has been, and will always be, the problem, and you're so blinded that you can't even see them trying to hide the fact that they don't care for neither one of us. Your medicade is steady declining, your retirement money is running out faster than you can count, your children are resenting you and leaving you sitting outside of nursing homes, all because you think that you're too good to do better? Be better? " I argued.

" And as we come to a close, the whites are really the tricked ones. You are fooled into thinking that these things will work, or take care of you, but you're steady declining in finding jobs, finding homes, finding anything. The reason you are so upset is because we, not just blacks, but minorities are finally realizing our worth, and the truth, and we're living up to these things, something that they couldn't do. And I know that you're asking, 'what does this have to do with black and white?' Nothing at all. It's about America, and the reasons that they have us pinned down as the underdogs, who always eat, versus the blind men who think that they can see, but in reality need glasses to see things for what they are. Any questions? " Garrett smiled, turning to the other schools. They remained silent.

" Congratualtions, Typhoon Heights, you are our State winners for the 2017-2018 year. " one of the judges spoke, and we got scattered cheers and claps from the crowd. You could tell the words were either marinating, or starting to marinate inside of their heads. That's exactly what I wanted.