Chapter 26.

"RIP to all the sleep you've lost to overthinking." - Unknown.

******************

Kay's POV -
Friday, June 20th
At WingShack.

I was currently at New Orleans most well know & populist food joint. The Wing Shack. It had just opened a couple weeks ago & it was already buzzing with people. I mean I could understand why, the food here was booming. I was here with Nicki, we had just left the mall because I had needed something to where with for my date tomorrow with Koby.

"So what is this, like yall's 5th date?" Nicki asks, reaching over and grabbing one of my honey wings.

"5th? C'mon now Nick. This is only our 2nd date." I say rolling my eyes at her.

"Well excuse me playa, thought y'all been on more then 2 dates." She says eating some of her fries. "Y'all getting kind of serious tho, huh?" She asks.

"Serious? No. I honestly can't see myself with him in the future, I mean he's cool and all. Just not who I really want." I tell her.

"And Life is who you want, hannn!" She says, sticking her tongue out & doing a little dance in her seat.

"C'mon now Nicki, we're in public." I say, feeling the curious stares from people that was in the restaurant. "And I don't like Life." I tell her, lying through my teeth.

"Girl, I'm your bestfriend. I know when you like someone, you get that 'I want to fuck you right now' look in your face." She says, causing me to bawl in laughter.

"I'm soo weak at you!" I cry, causing her to join in with my laughter.

"Girl I'm serious." She says, seizing her laughing fit. "You frontin' like you & Life don't like each other."

She was right. Of course I liked Life, and by the way he's been acting these last couple of days anyone one who has been around us would say he likes me also.

"Nicki, No-" I start to say, but get cut off by my phone ringing.

Putting up a finger signaling Nicki to hold on for a sec, I get up & make my way outside of the restaurant.

"Whea' you at?" Life says, as soon as I answer my phone.

"Why hello, how are you? Good? I'm doing quite fine myself." I say sarcastically.

"Watch it.." he says blankly. "Whea' you at tho?" He asks again.

"I'm at that new Wing place with Nicki."

"Oh ite, Uma stop by ya crib lata on. Wanna see you." He says, causing my stomach to flutter a little.

"A-alright." I stutter, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"You blushin' and shit ain't you?" He laughs.

"No! I-I'm not blushing at all!" I lie.

"Yeah ite, stuttering ass. I'a holla at'chu lata ma." He says before hanging up.

Straightening myself up a little, I walk back into the restaurant & take a seat back at Nicki & I's table.

"Who that was?" She asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Oh that was just a friend."

"A friend huh? Kay you'n got no damn friends. The only friends you got is me & Dre soo, try again." She says smartly.

"Ok ok, it was just Life." I tell her, rolling my eyes.

"JUST LIFE? Kay girl, you need a nap." She says, getting up to throw our trays in the trash. "C'mon I'm ready to go." She says, coming back & grabbing her keys.