Chapter 50

After pancakes, we cleaned up and I changed my clothes to be more casual but appropriate to go to the hospital and visit Meg and Angel.

It was amazing to actually get to talk to her and meet her husband. They're really nice people. I was so touched when she told me they were keeping Angel's name. I tried to tell them that they didn't have to but she insisted. They did also ask if I'd consider being one of Angel's godmothers. I cried when I said yes.

It's a good thing North wasn't around. He always wants to try and kick the guys butts when they make me cry.

I don't want to think about trying to tell him when I make myself cry over something. I just might have to flip him over my head to keep him from kicking my butt.

After I had a good chance to love on and hug the baby, I said good bye to them and made sure they had my number so that we could talk after they left the hospital. I went up to Sean's office and knocked on the door.

"Pookie." He grinned at me and pulled me into the office. "Fancy meeting you here."

"you brought me." I pointed out, looking up at him with an innocent expression.

"I guess I did." He smiled and backed me up into the door, his hand over my head, keeping me between him and the door. "Whatever am I going to do with you?"

"Hmm. Bring me to the office more often?"

"Excellent idea." He said before lowering his head to meet mine and brushing his lips across mine.

"Dr. Green." I pushed back on his chest slightly.

"Pookie?"

"I haven't giggled." I informed him primly before ducking beneath his arm and moving over to the chair next to his desk.

He ran his hand over his head and stared at me for a long moment before he smiled. "Hmm, I'm not sure how I overlooked the lack of giggling. My apologies, Pookie." He said, coming over to sit behind his desk again.

"Almost ready to go?" I asked.

"Just a bit more paperwork and then yes." He nodded.

"okay." I said, pulling out my phone. "Then home for lunch and more movies, right?"

"That's the plan." He said, pulling the files on his desk closer. "I should really get started on my work."

I laughed softly. "No one is keeping you from finishing but you." I pointed out.

"A very good point, Pookie. I'll reward you for the thought later." He picked up his pen and started to work on the files.

I lost track of time as I looked through my phone, smiling at photos that we'd been taking this summer. At some point, apparently, I dozed off and I didn't wake up until Sean shook me gently. "Done?" I asked, eyes still heavy with sleep.

"Yes, Pookie." He beamed at me. "All done and filed and ready to go on vacation for the next three weeks."

"Three? We're only gone for two?"

"I took the third one off. I deserve extra time with my family." He said, calmly.

"Hmm, I think I really like the sound of that. You don't take enough time off." I sat up and leaned forward to kiss him lightly. "Now, home to finish up that movie marathon." I smiled.

"Yes." He nodded. "We're coming up on some of the favored movies in the series." He helped me off the couch and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "I was thinking pie would be nice tonight though. I'll stop at the store on the way home so we can get enough apples."