chapter eight

"I didn't get dumped." Scott said to his best friend, who was bringing him into the woods unknown to him.

"Well when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break, you get your best friend drunk." Stiles said smiling, holding up a bottle of whisky.

After drinking almost half of the bottle, Stiles laid down on the ground, wasted.

"Dude, you know, she's just one- one girl. You know there are so many other girls in the sea."

"Fish in the sea."

"Fish? Why are you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love 'em. Especially ones with dark brunette hair, green eyes, 5'3..."

"Like Olivia?"

"Yeah, exactly. Hey! How did you know I was talking about... What was I talking about?"

"Olivia. The girl you literally never stop talking about." Scott rolled his eyes.

"Oh, yeah! Hey, you're not happy. Take a drink."

"I don't want anymore."

"You're not drunk?"

"I'm not anything."

"Hey, maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore, you know? Maybe you can't get drunk."

"Am I drunk?"

"You're wasted."

"Yeah!" Stiles said, rain a fist in the air.

"Aw come on dude. I know it feels bad. I know it hurts. I know. Well, I don't know. I know it hurts me that I never have a chance with Olivia, but that's completely different. But I know this. I know that as much as breaking up hurts, being alone is way worse. that didn't make any sense. Ugh, I wish Olivia was here."

...

Olivia woke up with a groan. "Come on Olivia! We go back to school today! No sleeping in! Back to getting up early so we look presentable for the day." Lydia shook her sister.

"Leave me here to die please." Olivia groaned, turning to the other side of the bed.

"You know I can't do that." She smiled.

Olivia sighed opening her eyes. "Wait- Olivia, have you been crying?"

Olivia's eyes widened, "N-no, why?"

"Your eyes are red." Lydia was immediately concerned.

"Oh, I've just been having a hard time sleeping because of everything that happened at the school. I'm sure I'll be fine in a couple days."

"You're not the only one." Lydia sighed, we just have to keep our heads held high. Now, get dressed while I make some breakfast."

As Lydia left, Olivia went to check her eyes in the mirror, sighing once seeing how red they actually were.

Opening her mirror, she took out some eye drops, putting a few drops into her eyes, praying that it helped.

...