CHAPTER EIGHT

THEY WERE HUDDLED UNDERNEATH the stairway of the entry of the subway

THEY WERE HUDDLED UNDERNEATH the stairway of the entry of the subway. Both Celeste and Jacob watched the heavy raindrops fall onto fellow no-maj's, erasing their memories of what happened.

They glanced at each other, both knowing what had to be done. As they were about to walk out onto the rain, something pulled them back. Queenie held onto their coats, not wanting them to leave.

"You guys aren't leaving without saying goodbye." Queenie's voice softened.

Celeste put her hand over Queenie's, a sad smile falling on her lips as she glanced at Tina and Newt. From loosing her only family to getting her mind erased. It really brought her mood down. She remembered when Credence was around.

When he would hug her and just stay next to Celeste in silence when they needed it. She felt her heart clench at the thought of her brother, sadness washing over her face as she realized she was completely alone now.

Celeste moved away to let Tina, Newt and Queenie say goodbye to Jacob. She didn't feel as it was her place to be in the middle of things, since she didn't know him that much. But she offered him a smile before everyone began to say their goodbyes.

Celeste slowly walked in front and stared at the heavy raindrops oblivating everyone.

"I-" She was bombard by a hug from Queenie.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Celeste." The blonde held her friend hostage in her arms, holding her close.

"You'll always be my best friend." Celeste hugged her back tightly before hugging Tina unexpectedly.

"Take care of Queens, okay?"

"Of course." The other Goldstein smiled small until she finally landed on Newt.

Now Celeste hasn't known the wizard for that long, but she was honored to know someone like him. To be so dedicated and passionate about magical creatures is a true talent. He's done so much for Celeste in so little time, and it honestly warmed her heart. She chuckled quietly as she saw Newt standing there, all tense and hesitant to make the first move.

"Hi."

"Well hello."

The two of them fell into a silence before Celeste wrapped her arms around his neck for the last time. She hid her face into his chest as Newt wrapped his arms around her tiny figure. He kissed her forehead affectionately before rubbing her back softly.

As messed up as it sounds, Celeste was happy in this moment. She was surrounded by people who she either liked or had common interests and she wouldn't want this to change. For the first time in twenty-eight years, Celeste felt as if everything was falling into place in a way. Yes she lost her beloved brother, and she will never get over that, but she knows in her heart that Credence wouldn't want her to live in sorrow about this death.

Celeste was the first to pull away, giving Newt a quick peck on the lips before walking over to the edge of the ceiling. She didn't know why she did that, but it made her stomach bubble up. She gave Jacob a small nod and walked out into the rain. Jacob followed after her, trying to stay strong.

Celeste looked at the people she slowly began to have as friends. She gave them one last smile and wave, feeling her eyes water. Celeste began to twirl around in the rain, allowing the cold water to fall all over her until she stopped. Her eyes fluttered closed, feeling pressure on her forehead. It was as if a weight was being lifted from her mind.

Newt watched he couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle escape his lips. In the little amount of time that he's known the Barebone, he sort of grew attached to her. The way she was trying to let everyone know that she was going to be okay made Newt feel slightly saddened.

Celeste's expression slowly changed and he was fighting himself if he should go out there and do what he wanted to do in the first time he saw Celeste. Newt trusted his heart and made an umbrella with his wand, rushed over to her and placing his lips on hers. He didn't care that Tina and Queenie were watching. As Newt pulled away he placed another kiss onto Celeste's forehead and disapparted from the scene.

As Celeste opened her eyes she was confused on why she was near the entrance of the subway. Celeste touched her lips with her fingertips, wondering why they held a stinging feeling. She should be at the bakery. The last thing she remembered was walking to 'Mama Mia' and where she was right now, was a long way from the bakery.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked up at the raining sky and then her clothes. They were completely drenched in water.

Celeste pulled her coat closer to her shivering body and began to walk down the streets of New York, the small voice in her head wondering why she was at the subway but ignored it and kept walking.

☆☆☆

I'M NOT GOING TO LIE BUT THAT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHAPTERS.

BUT DON'T FRET, I PLAN ON MAKING TWO OR THREE MORE CHAPTERS UNTIL THIS COMES TO AN END.

AND IF YOU DON'T MIND, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER NEWT SCAMANDER FANFIC CALLED 'MELANCHOLY'