Chapter 40

"Love that can be explained is not Love"

-Zhang Yimou-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

I have been getting dressed for the past hour and when I look at myself in the mirror, I look more alive than before. My skin isn't so pale and tired looking, my eyes are brighter and I feel myself gaining my strength that was lost. The dress I am wearing is pretty comfortable as well, just a warm nude dress with white stripes on the waist area. I'm just wearing a brown wedge heels, and a simple white gold necklace with a round pendant.

He asked me to go out with him earlier and I know I can't possibly reject his offer, that would make me feel less guilty if I come.

"Destiny, are you ready ?" Stefano knocks the door, and I think I'm ready, just need to grab a few things here and there.

"Give me another minute !"

I tie my hair in a high ponytail and grab  the white - gold versatile hand bag. My look for tonight is not that fancy, but at least I look presentable.

I get out from the room and Stefano is already getting all dressed up as well, he is as handsome as always and his hairstyle is a bit different tonight because he usually doesn't pull back his hair but he does it right now, but that doesn't make him less handsome.

He approaches me and take my hand.

"You look beautiful tonight"

"You look handsome as well"

We both stare at each other for God knows how long and then he leads me to the car slowly as I wraps my hand around his arm. It has been a long time since I did this.

This time, when we get in the car, and the car starts driving, we actually talk. We talk about things, about silly and simple talks, things that are out of our comfort zone, which makes us feel closer to each other.

The kind of love that was almost faded away, somehow slowly returns with simple conversations. Both of us almost forget about the power of words, and you can always fix a relationship that is on the edge of breaking down, by sorting it out with words.

We arrive at the restaurant, it's a fancy restaurant like usual, a classic golden themed restaurant with classical music played by a group of orchestra, calming waterfall sound played by a wall waterfall display on the wall, one of the best in Italy, and also, he reserved an area just for us, so we can have a nice conversation without being bothered by other guests.

A waitress come and ask for our order, I tell him I just want something ordinary and he ordered some tender lobster dish for me alone, how enthusiastic. For him, he ordered some Gnocchi, which is pretty different of him, cause he usually doesn't like pasta that much even though he is Italian.

"So, why did you bring me here ?"

"I told you, I will explain everything to you, from the beginning"

I look at him and he has a serious expression on his face. I cannot say anything and just nods, when he begins opening up his mouth to speak.

"It all began with the car incident, where I accidentally hit the woman, I was angry that day and when I was driving, she passed by and I accidentally hit her, I didn't want get involved at that moment, my mind was still filled with rage, so I called my men to take care of it, and they brought her to the hospital"