Chapter 21

Delicate lashes fluttered as Lucinda batted her eyes at Jason, who's grip on my hand seemed to grow as did his annoyance. His displeasure was flooding the room, tension building as the she-wolf smiled at him while waving her hand. The dread I had felt deep inside my chest seemed to grow as her eyes briefly snapped to me. Her gaze seemed to pierced my skin sending ripples of discomfort flowing through my body. My initial shock of the situation had almost worn off if it was for the deep breath that Jason exhaled.

"Alpha Tyrone.." Jason's voice vibrated through out the room sounding power along with it. Out of the corner of my eye I could see the scowl taking over his face. "What is the meaning of this?" His voice held firm as she stared down the lower ranking alpha. The ripples of power flowing from his skin into mine was enough to tell me his beast was close to the surface.

Alpha Tyrone seemed to relax and lean back on his chair, looking up to the king, the son of a man he was close friends with. A look a displease seemed to ghost upon his features before disappearing just as fast. "Why king Jason I thought maybe it would be best for the warriors I brought to train to meet you, it's only for the beneficial part." His smile didn't seem to reach his eyes, it was almost smug as if he approve of what was transpiring.

"No." the word was clear, clean cut and straight to the point. The voice of a ruler came out of Jason along with it, he was shaking his head while looking down a slightly sarcastic laugh fell quietly from his lips. "Alpha Tyrone, you know you are a respected person in my life, but this is crossing the lines. Your warriors? They have their own table, not that I do not wish to meet you men, but this is the royal families table." Jason's voice were smooth, expiatory and justified. This was his home, and not theirs, even if they are guests.

"I understand," with a flick of the wrist the alpha sent his warriors out the door, but everyone's eyes stayed locked on the alpha. Jason's anger was growing. "There your highness, the problem has been solved. Now let's all eat." His voice was cheery and he knew what was wrong. Calling Jason I reach my other hand over to lightly stroke the arm that had a hold on me. As the action took place I felt eyes on me once again, turning I find the she-devil that was the cause of all this, glaring at me. I could tell she was like her father, and they both wanted one thing and that's power.

"Tyrone, I am trying to settle this problem, did you not wish to co-operate?" Jason and I still stood facing the group of peers, the rest of the alphas family all had their heads down in respect, while the two closest to the head of the table sat, having a stare down with the person whom held all the power. 

"Of course I am co-operating Jason, I just complied to your wishes with my warriors." Sighing I feel Jason guide me to the head of the table all the while he kept he eyes on Tyrone and Lucinda kept her eyes on Jason.

"Here," Jason sighed as he pulled out his chair for me, a small gasp could  be heard from the she wolf whom was now to my right, I could see the slight smirk of Adeline's face at the she-wolf's shock, "Ella, have my seat, I will grab your food for you." Jason's voice was gentile as he spoke to me, almost all hostile energy was gone from him as he looked down upon my stunned face, pushing my chair in for me.

"Jason!" My eyes snap down to the hand that now rested on his arm, long slender fingers griping the skin firmly, "surly you can see past my father's wrong doings against you." Her voice hit a cord in me, faking innocence she once again looked up at him, batting her lashing, in what looked to be a flirtatious way.   I bite my lip as I listen to her throw her father under the bus, I held back my anger as she trailed her fingers farther up his arm. I didn't even look back at Jason before standing and gently pushing my chair back along with Jason. 

"Here Jason you sit, I seemed to have lost my appetite." I say, the displeasure was foul on my tongue as I held back the real words I wished to say. Taking two steps away I hear Jason reach for me my name flowing from his lips, but another voice seemed to cut in.