Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

03 | Anyone Up For Champagne?

⠀⠀⠀⠀

c h a p t e r0 3

⠀⠀⠀⠀

STILL VERY PREOCCUPIED with thoughts of the tall boy, I made my way back to the pub where my friends waited. I spotted Talia and Reeve chatting away, Talia wildly gesturing with her hands while Reeve had a look of adoration on his face as he studied her.

Axel glanced up when I stepped inside, briefly smiling when I sat down between him and Talia. He placed his hand on top of my thigh and I noticed the absence of his friend Levi. My curiosity wasn't that great, but of course I wanted to know who the person was that would be staying at my parents' house, so I remained slightly annoyed with the nonchalance.

"I got you a beer to help you relax, drink up babes." Talia slid a full pint towards me, thick foam dangerously close to swaying over the tall glass. She grinned and wiggled her eyebrows when I immediately picked it up.

Axel squeezed my thigh, earning my attention as I tilted my head to look at him, taking a long swig from the cold beer.

"Are you sure you should be drinking?" he murmured lowly.

I raised my eyebrows, wiping my top lip clean from froth. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He scratched the back of his head, a sheepish smile on his lips. "You know how easily affected you are, wouldn't want you to get drunk before we even arrive."

"I'm on vacation. I'll drink as much as I want, thank you," I grumbled, once again frustrated by the way he kept acting like my father.

It wasn't the first time he'd complained about me drinking and as far as I was concerned, he exaggerated it vastly. Making it seem like I had a problem with alcohol when in all reality he was the one who couldn't handle seeing me a little tipsy. Never had I drunk myself into oblivion or made a rash decision while being buzzed, I simply enjoyed having a cocktail to sip on while in the club, not much different from anyone else.

Axel was aware of what my life had looked like before he came along. When we had started dating, Talia and I still went out for the occasional night in the city and he didn't exactly approve. He told me how he was afraid I might do something bad, cheat on him or get used. Claiming it was hard for a girl to defend herself when she was intoxicated.

I had told him repeatedly that he needed to trust me, to stop making a fuss about it. To stop having me feel bad about something that wasn't inherently wrong.

"I'm just saying. I don't feel like taking care of you first fucking thing in the morning because you can't hold your liquor." Axel pursed his lips and raised his own glass of beer to his lips, hypocrisy written all over his actions.

"Piss off, seriously." I shook my head. "Since when have I had a problem with that? Stop trying to make me feel guilty over your own personal problem."

He huffed but forced a smile. "It's all fine, babe. Let's not fight."

I wanted to snap at him then, not to start a fight, but Clara suddenly widened her eyes at something behind me and let out a low whistle. "Holy fuck, is that Levi?"

Axel swivelled around in his chair, lips turning up in a wide grin. "It sure is. What's up, man? Been too long!" he called out the last words, starting to stand up.

"What the fuck happened with your hair?" The deep, smooth voice and equally deep chuckle sounded all too familiar, my body tensing with the realisation. "It's great to see you again, Axel."

icon lock

Show your support for eva angelina, and continue reading this story

by eva angelina
@fishbulle
When Rocio's boyfriend invites his best friend on their trip to Ibiza...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 23 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @fishbulle.