Thirty Four • Escape

You struggled out of your chains and stood. Just as Marty had said, there sat in the corner was a massive dragon.

"Hey buddy." You said as you knelt down a couple of meters from the majestic beast.

The dragon picked it's head up off the ground and swung it's neck in your direction.

Leaping out of the way the dragon began to thrash about. Flapping it's wings under the heavy chains that bound them.

"Woah! It's okay! I want to help you!" You said as you used a spell to break off the chains from the ground.

The dragon nearly stood and you rushed away from it in a stumbling panic.

You saw the demiguise and the bowtruckles that they had taken. Breaking the cages you threw the demiguise on your back and the bowtruckles into your jacket as you ran back to where the dragon was warming up it's wings.

"I won't hurt you!" You said as you dropped to your scrapped knees in front of the massive serpentine creature.

"A speaker of serpent tongue, I see." The dragon hissed in response.

"Please. I'll help you get out if here." You begged.

"I can manage on my own now. I need no help from a lowly witch such as yourself." It hissed.

The dragon flung it's tail around the wearhouse as it slinked it's way to the middle of the massive room. Knocking over cages and crates. Creatures, food stuffs, weapons and all sorts of things came loose on the floor.

The screeches and calls of the animals broke your heart but also lifted your spirits. They could escape now.

The dragon charged up into the air, chains falling from him as he went.

"Wait!" You called.

Reaching up and grabbing one of the chains that were fastened to the dragon's neck. You were pulled up off the ground. The chain wrapped tightly around your wrist as you tried to keep hold.

The dragon, and your means of escape blasted through the tin roof of the warehouse. You dangling under him by a chain you were thrown about ferociously. You felt as your wrist cracked and bone shattered under the pressure of the chain.

You cried out in pain as you felt the rest of your arm break along with it from being thrown about. Tears clouded your eyes. The pain was too much.

The dragon heard you called and flicked it's tail back and threw you up onto it's back.

You whimpered and cried as you clutched your arm. Newt's demiguise got off of your back and tried to comfort you. As you shook your head as they rubbed your back they realized the chain still crushing your wrist.

It untangled the chain carefully and brassed your arm. You felt every movement as the dragon flew through the skies of London.

"Newt." You muttered as you slipped once again from consciousness.

The demiguise held onto the dragon and to your coat, as you soared through the dark, cold night skies.

_____

"Newt, how did you meet my sister?" Poppy asked as she followed along behind him.

"Back at Hogwarts. It was right before Christmas actually." Newt replied.

Newt's face was creased with worry as he thought of you.

"Well. Tell me. We have time don't we?" Poppy asked, as they walked towards the warehouse.

"Fine. Would that make you happy?" Newt asked the girl.

"Yes. Very." Poppy said with a smile.

"So it went like this..." Newt began.

Thanks for reading everyone! Sorry for the short chapter, but I have a special chapter next. Christmas special from back at Hogwarts! Are you all as pumped as I am?

As always please remember to vote! Love you all!