24. Aftermath

(This chapter is set after civil war, FYI Alex was on team iron man)

After the avengers where torn in two I had no choice but too choose sides, yes I do love Bucky and Steve too death but like it's been drilled into my head, don't let your emotions get in the way of what's important. The avengers was set up to protect Civilians, how can we protect people if we are dropping cities in people?   After all the people I've killed, I don't want to carry the weight of more deaths. Also if the avengers is under the governments control me and Bucky will be safer, kept away from Hydra. So I chose Tony's side. Yes I May have betrayed steve and Buckys trust but it's what I think is right.
"I'll be back soon okay?" I reassure tony.
"Just don't get yourself killed, again" Tony warns.
"I'll be a few minutes trust me" I chuckle lightly. I move my hands in a swift motion and the blue portal opens up in front of me.
The second I stepped through the portal I could practically taste the tension laced in the thick humid air of wakanda.

"Alex" T'challa greets me as I walk slowly through the large building towards him, my eyes couldn't leave the large window, looking out over Wakanda.
"Wakanda is beautiful" I gasp taking in the giant rainforest with rough cliffs and waterfalls cascading down them in deep clear rivers, a light fog settled onto of the cliffs, wrapping around trees and the giant stone statue of a panther.
"They're in that room" T'Challa says pointing to the metal door behind me.
"Thanks" I smile turning around and walking slowly towards the metal door. Finally grasping the courage, I swing the door open and cautiously step into the room. The whole room was white, everyone was wearing white, the walls where lined with weird machines and a cryogenic freezer. Bucky was sat on a hospital bed, his metal arm was gone, a drip was connected to his normal arm and he was wearing all white. Not gonna lie he looks like an early 2000's boy band member.
He looks away from the doctor he was talking too and shoots me a thin smile.
I open my mouth to say something but the words get caught in my throat, what can you say to someone who's been through hell with you and broke your heart in the process.
"sure you want to do this?" Steve's voice chimes causing me to jump.
"I can't control my own mind" Bucky begins laughing slightly.
"So Until they can figure out how to get this stuff out of me I think go back under is the best for me, for everybody" his voice was raspy and calm.
"So what are you going to do now?" Buckys attention turns from Steve to me.
"I'm going back under too, not here though, I'm gonna be at stark tower" I say simply.
"Well I guess I'll see you both soon" Bucky mumbles as he is placed in the cryo freezer.
"Wait.." I blurt walking towards the cryo freezer and staring at Bucky for a second, I quickly kiss his forehead before stepping away, the glass sliding over him and the ice climbs the window, freezing him in a few seconds.

"You and a Bucky where a thing?" Steve pipes up as I stare out of the glass window over Wakanda.
"You're so slow" I chuckle lightly, my eyes grazing over Steves bruised face.
"Didn't expect that" he muses.
"Well I better go, there is a freezer waiting for me at stark towers." I begin.
"Are you sure about this?" Steve repeats.
"Like Bucky said, until they can figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, it's the safest option" I smile lightly.
"Good bye Steve" i say quickly pressing a kiss to his cheek.
"See you soon T'Challa" I wave as T'Challa enters the room.
He nods his head at me before I step through my portal, leaving Wakanda behind.
"You didn't die, good" Tony sighs as I walk into his lab, eying the cryo freezer that was similar to Buckys.
"Where'd you even go?" Nat asks, leaning on one of Tony's desks.
"To bye to some old friends" I say simply.
"You ready?" Tony asks me cautiously as the cryo freezer door slides open.
"Won't it be weird like knowing my frozen body is being stored in your lab?" I ask nervously chewing my lip.
"Yes, that'll be hard to explain if we have an inspection" tony mutters before I step into the freezer. Tony straps me down and the door slides close. I shoot nat and Tony a small smile before leaning my head back and closing my eyes, my body becoming incased in ice.

"How was work?" Bucky asks I slam the front door to our house closed.
"How it normally goes. Tony's built a new suite and it nearly exploded, and I helped pepper with wedding plans" I explain kicking my shoes off.
"Hello little man" I coo taking the baby from Buckys Arms.
"He's done nothing but cry all day, must've missed his mom" Bucky yawns.
"Good job Oliver, you annoy daddy so mommy doesn't have too" I say smirking at Bucky before kissing my toddler in the head and placing him down, watching as he runs for the toy cars on the rug in the living room.
Bucky wraps his arms around me and kisses me briefly on the lips.
"Steve popped by earlier dropped of olivers birthday card and present."
"That's nice of him, haven't seen him in a while" I smile entering to kitchen.
"We are having spaghetti bolognese for dinner" Bucky chimes leaning against the counter top and stirring the pasta that was cooking on the stove.
"It'll never be as good as Laura's" I laugh lightly.

I breath in sharply and my eyes flicker open, I am awake? I undo the straps that where holding me down and stumble out of the freezer looking around to see who had freed me. The lab was empty, it didn't look much different from when I last saw it.
"Tony?" My raspy voice calls out as I stagger up the stairs out of the lab, still not adjusted to walking.
"Tony?" I say more clearly stepping into the door way of the living area.
"Alex what the hell are you doing out of cryo" Tony gasps jumping up from the sofa.
"How long has it been?"
"4 years, who the hell let you out?" Natasha, who now has blonde hair, asks raising her eyebrows at me.
"You didn't let me out?" I cough, my eyes scanning over all the papers and hologram screens of a giant purple guy sat in a chair, a golden gauntlet and all the infinity stones besides from one.
"No I did" a deep voice chimes from behind me, I spin around and see no one standing in the corridor behind me.
"Down here" the voice calls and I look down to see a... talking raccoon wearing clothes and walking on two legs.
"Is that a raccoon?" Natasha asks not even looking the slightest bit dazed by the talking animal.
"I am groot" a giant wooden figure says as it slowly walks from the lab into the living room.
"The aliens are back" I gasp at the giant tree figure.
Natasha didn't hesitate to pull out her gun and shot at the talking tree.
"Hey don't shoot him" the raccoon yells pulling out a weird ass gun.
"The future is fucking awesome, talking raccoons trees that say--" I laugh before getting cut off my the tree.
"I am groot"
"Is that all he says?" Tony's says looking at the raccoon before Natasha loads her gun, ready to fire at the tree again who seemed unfazed by the bullet.
"Woah woah woah don't shoot" a man yells exiting the elevator.
"Who the hell are you?" Tony Exclaims.
"I'm star lord" he says dramatically, everything goes silent and I erupt into laughter.
"Star lord?" I snort.
"What's your real name" Natasha asks pointing her gun at star lord.
"Peter quill, and I am assuming you are the avengers, or what's left of them" Peter introduces.
"What do you want?" I ask staring at Peter who is extremely attractive.
"I heard your buddy Thor is looking for this" he says holding g up a weird shiney ball.
"And what might that be?" Tony asks.
"It's an infinity stone"