Chapter Three

I pushed him back and looked around frantically to see if anyone else had seen us. I hissed, “What are you doing here!?” Noam smiled smugly, “I found you.”

I rolled my eyes, “Found me? This isn’t a GAME. But of course, for you it seems like one.” Noam’s smile faded, “Babe, are you still mad about me kissing her?” I pushed him again, “Screw you. I couldn’t care less about you.”

“Lies. You miss me. I can see it in your eyes.” I pointed at my eyes and said, “All you can see in these eyes is NOTHING. I don’t care anymore. You did what you had to.”

Noam smirked, “You’re so adorable when you’re trying to be mad.”

I felt like hitting my head on the wall. Clearly, he was not getting this. Noam was one of the many reasons I left my old school. I could deal with being called gay. I did it to show Noam that it wasn’t hard to come out of the closet. I sacrificed most of my high school life dealing with bullies. Apparently, that wasn’t enough for this jerk. He had to go make out with Lisa the moment rumours started about him being my boyfriend. I broke up with him right after that because if he really did love me, he’d man up and face those rumours. Not eat Lisa’s face.

I simply held the note out for him to read. He smiled, “So you got my little note?”

I snapped, “Yeah. With the hearts and everything.”

He chuckled, “You still haven’t grown out of your little sarcastic streak have you?”

“I’m happy the way I am. Unlike a few other people I can think of.”

He shook his head and I took this as my cue to leave. Just as I turned to walk away, he grabbed my wrist, “Don’t go.”

I snorted, “Oh Noam. You should have thought about all of this before you sucked Lisa’s face off.”

He let go of my wrist immediately. His eyes turned cold, “What happened back then was because I was foolish. I was just 16. I was SCARED.”

“I was too. But I did it for YOU. Clearly, that was all a mistake though.”

“I was a mistake? Don’t lie to me, Kenny.”

“It’s just Ken, now. And YOU weren’t a mistake. It was all a mistake!”

Noam looked at me quizzically. Just then, Hannah walked into the library, smiling. I yelled, “Hey Hannah!”

Hannah turned around and when she spotted me, grinned. I walked over to her quickly and she said, “You really shouldn’t be yelling like that in the library.” Yet, when she said it, she was smiling as usual. I stuck my tongue out, “Well, I was wondering if you could do me a favour. Real quick. Pretend to be my girlfriend!”

Hannah’s eyes widened in confusion, “This wouldn’t have anything to do with that guy walking towards us, would it?”