Chapter 21- Mr. Steel

Stefan dries his hair after finishing his shower and strolls into the kitchen to have breakfast before he heads to the St. James residence.

Linda, his cook, smiles.  "Good morning Mr. Steel.  I hope you have a appetite after your morning workout, I made your favorites."

"Good morning, Linda.  Thank you, yes I do."  He replies as he reaches for the fridge, takes out a water bottle, unscrews the cap and takes several gulps before turning back to the island kitchen.  Taking his cell phone out of his pocket he places it on the counter, seating himself on one of the several lined bar stools. 

Linda places his steaming plate of eggs, toast and oatmeal on the placemat in front of him.  Another plate full of foreign cheeses with a loaf of French bread, perfectly sliced scoots beside the hot plate.  After a few minutes he wipes his mouth with a napkin and reaches for the newspaper laying beside him on the counter. 

"Would you like a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, sir, or maybe a hot cup of tea?"  She asks from behind the newspaper. 

Stefan lowers it slightly.  "I'll take tea, thanks Linda."

"My pleasure." 

Stefan continues to nibble on his food as he reads the paper when a rattling noise vibrates against the polished granite. It was his phone. Lowering the paper he notices the caller ID—it's Julien.   The image of Camelia floods his mind for the several hundredth time that morning. 

It was becoming more and more difficult to keep his thoughts of her PG.  After the kiss last night he's thought of nothing else but kissing every inch of her body.   Even during his workout, the forbidden images of her sprawled on his bed kept flooding his brain.   It was difficult to concentrate.  The hard-on in his pants was a constant reminder all morning and not even a cold shower helped. 

Clearing his throat uncomfortably, he shifts in his seat and answers the call. "Julien, good morning."

"Good morning Stefan.  Are you available to speak freely?" Julien's deep voice replies.

"Yes."  Stefan's voice hardened, his posture was erect. The under current rolling off of Julien was evident through the line.  "What's wrong?  Is it Camelia?" 

"No, no she is fine and well this morning but she came to me asking for you." 

Stefan's hand tighten around his phone, at a loss for words.  It was the first time she would ask for him.  Ever.  Did she remember the kiss?  He was almost positive she was too drunk to recall. 

"Stefan?  Are you still there?"  Julien inquires after his pause. 

"Yes, yes I'm still here.  Did she say what she needed?" He asks snapping out of his tense stance.

Julien clears his throat.  "She asked for you specifically.  Not Kent."

A whoosh leaves his mouth.  Linda notices his odd reaction and frowns slightly in concern as she places a steaming cup of tea before him.  Instead of continuing to sit, he stands abruptly and strides down the hallway to his den for privacy. 

Finally allowing the relief to spread through him, he closes his eyes and seats himself in his chair before his black polished desk.  He was now curious as to why she would ask for him.