Episode Thirty-Four - The Revelations and Secrets Revealed

Someone had followed Alex outside. She could tell by the shadow dancing on the ground beside her own that it was someone tall and broad-shouldered. Ace.

Alex rolled her eyes but didn't turn around.

Sweeping forward in three steps, Ace closed the distance between him and Alex and turned between her and the path she'd set out on. He used his body to stop her from going any further.

"We need to talk about what just happened in there." Ace held up a hand in front of him, palm flat out.

A laugh rattled around deep in Alex's chest as she slapped Ace's hand down. "There's nothing to talk about. I just need to cool down, and the last thing I want is someone hovering around me."

Ace started to say something, his lips parting, but just before the words spilled out, Alex's attention was drawn to something beyond his shoulder. She focused on someone being escorted into a building across the street.

Will.

Five Avoiders pushed Will along towards the entrance of the building like he was a rabid dog about to turn on them at any moment. They were armed to the teeth, and he was bound with rope and chain.

Alex didn't hesitate at the sight before her. She crossed the street with short, rapid steps.

"Wait, Alex!" Ace's words fell on deaf ears.

If looks could kill, Alex's eyes were stabbing Will over and over with a knife. They were tossing him over the edge of a building. Running him over with a car. Shooting him with the pistol still tucked in Ace's waistband.

The Avoiders pulled Will to a stop once Alex walked up to them. Two of them stepped between her and the man she was after.

"Well, hello there," Will taunted.

A smile spread across Will's lips, a twinkle in his hazel eyes that made him look like a cat toying with a mouse. Curly, dark brown hair bounced around his face, encircling a square jaw and dimpled chin.

He wasn't quite what she was expecting to find. Normal looking, at least, and he couldn't have been much older than herself.

"It's nice to see you, Alex," Will continued.

Words worked themselves in Alex's mouth, but she couldn't form them into meaning. Nothing she wanted to say made as much sense as it did before she crossed the street. Her eyes fell on a scar that went from the corner of his nose to the side of his chin; a pale mark against his warm, olive skin.

That's from the edge of a table. The thought startled her. How the hell do I know that?

Alex furrowed her brows, and she could feel her nostrils flare in defiance. Her tongue felt dry, mind void of any coherent thought. Will had rattled Alex with so much confusion. She stood frozen in place as the Avoiders continued on into the building, Will crammed in the center of them.

"See you later!" Will called out. He craned his neck and locked eyes with hers until the door closed behind the last Avoider.

Ace shook Alex's shoulder gently, pulling her attention from the door. "Are you okay?"

"What was that? I don't-" she paused and shook her head, "I don't understand what just happened. I know him." Panic quickened her breaths. "I know him, Ace. How can I know who Will is? I know him. I know him."

Alex continued to shake her head, her hands covering both her ears.

No, it's impossible.

She looked to Ace for an answer, but he couldn't provide the answers for her. He shrugged his shoulders, sucking in a deep breath before exhaling slowly. Ace was lost for words. An unusual occurrence.