3- Prince Charming

"And don't look at men that look at you. All the guys in there are most likely criminals or damn perverts." Jason continued to tell me the rules of tonight.

"But you're there too. Besides, I thought it was a legal fight." I said, feeling a little uneasy as I watch the passing trees outside the car window. Jason stopped at a red light and turned towards me.

"Yes, but that's just how it is. Men like that love violence and such, whilst people like me just like to watch the fighters' tactics and strategies. You will not find many guys like me there, so just stuck with me. Whenever you want to leave my side, tell me and I'll see if I can do that." He said and I gulped, nodding.

"Good. Where was I?" He asked himself while starting to drive again. It was already dark outside and I wished I was home, watching criminal minds.
"Oh yes!" My brother's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Do not, under no circumstances, cheer for one of the fighters. Those girls are mostly ranked as groupies and you, my dear sister, are not a groupie." He tapped my nose with his index finger and I pushed his hand away.

"I hate you for having no friends." I sighed, leaning my head back on the car seat.
"Hey! I do have friends. But they don't know what I do for a living, so-"

"A living? Jason you bet on people, you can't really call that a job." I rolled my eyes. Jason scoffed before parking the car and killing the engine.

"Whatever. Just don't attract attention and always stay by my side. Don't worry, I won't get so drunk that I can't fight a guy if it has to be done." He said and I felt oh so much more safe now. Smell the sarcasm.

"Let's go, shall we?" Jason smiled, before opening his door and walking out of the car. I followed his actions and only now saw the huge line in front of the gym. Jason handed me his keys and I stuffed them into my jean pocket. I didn't bring my purse, because according to Jason it is only a bother. Don't ask me what that was supposed to mean, because I have no idea.

"Come on this way." Jason took my hand in his and pulled me towards the very front of the line. He greeted the guard, who nodded at him and let us through. Just like that. Surprised, I looked around me as soon as we entered the gym. I saw that it was a gym for fighters. That made more sense now.

"We'll be in the very front." Jason pulled me in front of a bunch of bears, meaning big guys with beards. Their dirty eyes looked me up and down and I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. Jason pulled me even closer to the ring and sat down on a small bench in front of the cage. A guy came up to him and pulled a little desk in front of us. Jason pulled out a notebook and a pencil. I raised an eyebrow at that.

"You still don't call it a job?" Jason caught my look, chuckling therefore and I rolled my eyes.
"Whatever." I said, still not convinced this was a great idea. I glanced around me, not looking any person in their eyes, just like Jason wanted. There were definitely more men than women in this building and I could guess why.

The crowd was already hyper and it reeked of beer and popcorn. A bad combination, trust me. I looked at Jason and saw him looking at the clock impatiently. I looked at my wrist watch, that I hid under my black coat and saw the fights were supposed to start now. As if on cue, the lights turned off.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" I heard the announcer yell through a microphone. I flinched at the loudness. The lights turned back on and I noticed everybody had settled down in their seats. The doors got closed and a man in a suit stood in the middle of the cage.

"We've all come here to...."
"You don't need to watch the fight. Here, I bought this today. Thought nerds like you liked that." Jason handed me a small book and I smiled. It's a collection of word searches. He chuckled at my excitement and handed me another pencil.