Chapter 43

After I left 'dear daddy' standing there trying to process his thoughts, I had caught up back with mom just to see if she was okay after everything. She said she was still upset but felt a bit relieved now that she got to slap the hell out of him. It was something she had been wanting to do for twenty two years. After making sure everything was alright, I went to do a little shopping while mom went to work. I figured if I wanted to start 'operation get Lucas' I was going to need a few new 'encouragement' which led me to a lingerie store.

I would be needing something really sexy and eye catching but still affordable for me. As I began walking around and looking at the different lingerie and panty sets, one of the store attendants walked over to me asking if I needed assistance, I told her thanks but I was okay. I had been wearing lingerie almost every single night for years now when I was at Alfredo's, I think I had became quite an expert with picking out the ones that looked great on me. I wanted something that screamed seductress but yet not desperate. Possibly something that was somewhat subtle.

I had noticed that Lucas seemed to like dark colors, so I decided to check out the darker color lingeries. I was so caught in the different lingerie I hadn't noticed someone behind me until we accidentally bumped into each other.

"I'm so sorry." The person and I apologized at the same time.

"It's okay." "My fault." We said at the same time again which caused us to chuckle.

"Hi," the girl said to me which caused me to recognize who she was. "It's Amy right?"

"Oh hey. Yeah." I returned with a smile.

"I don't know if you remember me? We've met at that business and charity event. I'm ...."

"Adena." I finished for her. "I remembered. You're Carter's sister."

"Oh, I didn't know you would remember me." She chuckled.

"I'm pretty good at remembering faces." I said to her.

"Guess that's something we have in common then right?" She joked. "I'm actually glad I've ran into you."

"You are?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, I am." She nodded. "I've been wanting to ask someone something but I didn't feel comfortable asking any of the guys and I'm hoping you'd be able to shed some lights on it. I heard you're staying with Lucas right?"

"Right." I nodded wondering what she was getting at.

"And you were also his date to the event. So are you two dating or something?" She asked me.

"Uh no, we're not." I replied, though I wanted to add 'not yet'.

"Okay, that's good then because this would be really awkward otherwise. " She chuckled letting out a sigh of relief. "Do you happen to know if he's dating anyone?"

"Not that I'm aware of." I said to her. "Though I really don't know that much about Lucas's private life."

"I just thought that since you lived with him, you may have noticed if he's had anyone over." She said to me causing me to wonder what the hell was wrong with this girl.

This was indeed awkward for me, she was speaking to the wrong person right now. Like seriously, she was telling me about the guy she likes which happened to be the same one I liked. This was like some crazy drama series or some soap opera 'Two sisters going after the same guy'.

"I mean we've known each other for a while now and he's apparently been single all these years. I've been dropping hints like crazy trying to let him know that I am attracted to him yet he's never made a move. I'm wondering if it's the age difference between us that is the problem, or if it's because of his association with my father and brother. I even started wondering if he wasn't making any moves on me because he may not be into female-but I doubt that."