Cry [Ksimon]

JJ gets himself all worked up about his uploading schedule and Simon comforts his best friend.

Word Count: 687 Words

~✖~

JJ had been strangely and completely uncharacteristically quiet all day, as the seven Sidemen filmed a new 'Crossbar Challenge' video. Something was clearly bothering him, but Simon didn't want to ask him in front of the other Sidemen. Instead, he waited until they were back at home, hoping that JJ would open up to him.

Vik and Josh were out so they had the Sidemen house to themselves.

Simon's gaze wandered over to his best friend, who sat huddled on the sofa, staring into space and looking like a lost child.

The older boy sighed and sat down beside him. JJ turned to him and Simon's heart almost broke at the sight. Tears were glistening in JJ's eyes and he looked as if he was going to break down any second.

Simon moved to hug him, but hesitated. Instead, he just placed his arm around JJ and patted his back awkwardly in an attempt to comfort him. He didn't want JJ to feel uncomfortable with the situation, so he kept his distance although he wanted nothing more than to pull him into the safety of his arms.

"What's wrong?" Simon asked gently, as he studied JJ curiously.

Simon's caring voice was enough for JJ to break down. The tears that he tried to hold back, came cascading down his cheeks, before dripping down his chin.

Simon didn't know what to do. He had never handled emotional situations well and was still afraid that JJ wouldn't appreciate his presence.

"Oh, uhh," he stuttered, scratching his head awkwardly. "Do... do you want to be alone?" he asked.

JJ sighed and nodded, although he wanted nothing more than to be pulled into his friends lap, being held close and comforted in the warmth of Simon's body. But he didn't want his best friend to think that he was a pussy.

Simon noticed JJ's uncertainty.

"Jide? Are you sure?" he asked softly, wrapping an arm around JJ's shaking shoulders.

JJ shook his head vehemently, a sob welling up in his throat and escaping.

"Oh Jide. It's okay" Simon reassured immediately, reacting on instinct, as he pulled JJ into his lap and wrapped his arms around him. JJ melted into his friend as sobs shook his body. He felt a gentle hand on the back of his head as Simon guided him to lean his head on his shoulder. He nestled his face into the crook of Simon's neck as he cried uncontrollably. Simon  felt hot tears wetting his skin and JJ's breath on his neck, but he didn't care. He wasn't sure what had made his best friend so upset, but JJ clearly seemed to be in need of a good cry. 

Simon always seemed to know what JJ needed and he gave it to him. Slowly the sobs began to subside, until only sniffles could be heard.

JJ was exhausted when he finally stopped crying. His stomach hurt from all the sobbing and he wanted nothing more than to fall asleep in the warm embrace of his best friend. His eyes dropped shut.

"Better?" Simon asked gently and glanced down at his worn out looking friend.

JJ nodded and opened his eyes again. Simon was able to see the whole extent of the last minutes. JJ's eyes were red and tear tracks lined his cheeks. Exhaustion was written all over the younger boy's face. "Sorry Si," he whispered.

"Hey, it's alright," Simon replied. "I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but I want you to know I'll always be there for you, yeah?"

"So hard to balance filming, social life and sleep," he explained. "Too much."

"Oh Jide," Simon sighed. "Your wellbeing is far more important than YouTube. Your subscribers will understand if you miss a couple of uploads, sometimes you need to put yourself first." Simon explained softly. He ran his fingers through JJ's hair, who was fighting to keep his eyes open.

"Thank you Si," JJ mumbled sleepily. 

"Go to sleep, Jide," Simon said softly. He let JJ lay down on his lap, where he fell asleep almost immediately, his face nuzzled into Simon's shirt.