Chapter 49 ~ ONE in the Same

-Character Profiles - The Cast

~Time Skip~

Friday, September 1st, 2017, Diamond Star Publishing Company.

-2 Days Before Josh and Leo's Wedding

"We need at least 4,000 more copies!", yells Candice.

"Make it 20,000 copies. Call the printer!", says Leo.

"It's only the first day and I can't believe it's sold so much! It sold over 50,000 copies so far, it did better than any of our other books ever did", says Candice.

"It took a long time but we were finally able to perfect it and it's all thanks to Josh, the sales department did an amazing job with promoting it", says Stefan.

Diamond Star Publishing Company Presents:

The Department of Purgatory by Stefan Sparks.

"Where's Josh?", asks Stefan.

"Overslept. I'll smack him when he comes in", says Leo.

*ding* the elevator goes off.

"Josh!", yells everyone in the room.

"Eh? What? What's going on?", I ask.

"Such an important day and you're late?", yells Leo.

"Well I'm sorry, Mark refused to go to school", I yawn.

"The book is doing amazing and it's all thanks to my editor.", smiles Stefan.

"Oh no no, I just gave you a push. Took a while to complete though", I smile.

"This success is for both of us", smiles Stefan.

"Congratulations on your first book Stefan", I smile.

"Congratulations to you as well Josh", says Stefan.

"Well it's time to celebrate.", says Leo bringing out a bottle of champagne.

"To the success of Stefan and Josh's masterpiece", says Candice.

"Stefan's masterpiece", I corrected.

"You haven't given yourself enough credit Josh, you perfected the storyline", says Stefan.

"Yeah but", I say as he interrupts me.

"Congratulations to us both", he says while handing me a glass of champagne.

A lot has happened over the past year. Eric left New York and headed to Miami to manage one of his branches. He didn't really say goodbye to me but he left me a gift. On that day when I gave him my signature, he set a plan into motion. He signed his castle on to me, I guess he needed my signature for completion. He attached a note saying that Leo built that place for his prince and it has always belonged to me.

Matthew and Christian are doing really well, they moved in together and built a house here in New York, more in love than ever, I get to see him more often and we still hang out quite a lot. Our friendship has grown even stronger.

Alexandra and Dante secretly got married without telling us, obviously, we scolded them but it would seem Alexandra is pregnant and her mother isn't keen on having a baby out of wedlock so they secretly got married. We all came together and planned them a Reception Party which bought Dante to tears. Who knew after all these years, he's still a softie?

Lily and Stefan got engaged, the wedding bells are ringing, they've been together for 5 years so I guess it was expected. Lily is working at the Stone Law Firm and has become a brilliant lawyer with the guidance of Eric who she trained with earlier this year. Stefan's book came out and he earned a whopping profit from it. He said he's in the process of writing another book as we speak.

Mark is doing better, he's opened up to people and made some friends. I guess he's at the rebellious age now so he's being a pain in my butt. He never listens to me but he always listens to Leo. The headmistress of Marks' academy turned out to be Rose, she's doing really well. She has two boys now and is happily married. We put our differences aside and started fresh, she's a great headmistress. I guess age does really change people.

Leo has been working hard and tirelessly as always. He signed me as co-owner of Diamond Star Publishing Company. Leo hasn't changed since then, he's still a goofy strict sweetheart that I fell in love with. He always remained happy and often does surprising things for both Mark and me.

As for me, I've decided to write a book, Leo is my editor, he works me to the bone but he's helping me exceed my limits as a writer. He inspired my book, called A Sky Full of Diamonds, he gushed and cried when I told him the book was about him. I'm doing really well and so is my dad. I often go back to check up on him, he'd often talk about my mom and how their younger days were, he told me how they fell in love, he truly was at peace when he talked with me. This life turned out really well for me and my friends, we all got the happy ending we deserved. We couldn't ask for anything else.

"Congrats on the book, you and Stefan worked really hard on it", a familiar voice says.

I turn around and saw Christian with donuts in hand.

"Your big days coming up. Are you ready?", he asks.

"Yes I am, I'm excited and scared at the same time", I say with a mouth full of donuts.

"I was that same way on my wedding but you were right there next to me, you helped me out a lot and I'll do the same for you, even if I have to drag you across the aisle", he laughs. .

"Leo didn't even tell me where the location of the weddings gonna be", I sulk.

"Trust me, Josh, you'll love it", he says.

"What? Do you know where it is? Tell me?", I ask.

"That would ruin the surprise Josh", he teases.

"Alright. Let's do this. Let's get you married", he says crying.

"No. Don't get all sappy on me", I say crying.

"Why are you two weirdos crying?", says Leo.

"Says the king of weirdom", I say.

"That's not a word Josh", says Christian.

"Yes it's in the Josh-ionary", I say.

"Weirdo", he smiles.

Leo then hugs me and whispers, "I love you, my king",

I then whisper back, "I love you to my prince".