It Only Takes Once (Chapter 29)

One Week Later :

"Baby, would you leave me alone." Khadarious complained while he tried to push me off of him.

"I'm just so proud of you." I gushed before holding his face in my hands and kissing him all over his face again. After I finished kissing all over him, I hugged him.

"Thank you babe, but for real baby, you're smothering me with your chest." He grinned before poking his tongue out and then licking my right breast.

"Shut up." I laughed hitting him upside his head and then pushing his head away from my chest.

"Give Daddy some sugar." He said puckering up his lips.

"Nah." I said shaking my head before smirking.

"Forget you." He mugged. "Crusty lips ass girl."

"Excuse me, yo cripple ass does not want to start with me." I said rolling my eyes and then licking my lips to make sure they weren't ashy or dry.

"How many times do I have to tell you and your big headed sisters." He stressed. "I'm incapacitated, not cripple." He huffed.

Before I could respond there was a knock at the door.

"You guys ready to go?" Dr. Franklin asked after he'd knocked on the door and pushed it open.

"Yes, finally." I said jumping up off of the arm of the chair Khadarious had been sitting on.

Khadarious had been to therapy three times and he's already making a tremendous amount of progress. He still can't walk or fully move it, but he now has feeling in his toes and certain areas of his leg.

He can get around pretty well on crutches or simply dragging his leg. Sometimes his stubborn ass still tries to hop around on one leg, although it's not safe and his therapist tells him not to.

Does he listen?

No.

He still does it.

"Yeah Doc, I'm ready to get out of here." Khadarious said standing up.

The discharge process was simple and surprisingly easy. We were just waiting on Devin to come around with the car so the nurse could wheel him out.

"Thanks for everything Dr. Franklin, we really do appreciate it." I said hugging him as the nurse wheeled Khadarious out of the room.

"It's my job, I wish the both of you the best of luck." He smiled.

"Thanks Doc, you too." I said returning his smile. "Thanks for not telling Dr. Ross on me." I laughed.

"No problem, you were going to find a way to sneak in either way." He shrugged making me laugh.

"Yeah that's true, thanks again for everything." I said hugging him again. "If you ever need a lawyer, here's my card." I said sliding my card into the pocket of his shirt.

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." He laughed. "Good luck with those babies and remember to be a little more patient with Khadarious, he's under a lot of stress and pressure right now." He advised me.

"I will." I nodded backing away from him. "Take care." I called to him before walking in the direction of the elevators where they were waiting on me.

"Can I push?" I asked Nurse Eve once we were in the elevator.

"No running Shakayln." She warned.

"Man." I groaned smacking my lips. "You're no fun." I mumbled.

"Big baby." Khadarious mumbled from his wheelchair while typing away on his phone.

I don't know what he's doing but whatever it is it must be important because he hasn't put his phone down since it went off at three o'clock in the damn morning.