Chapter 14: Mercy

<-- PRESS THE BUTTON & VOTE IF YOU LIKE DIMBFFLAD, B*CHES! Hahahha phew got a little carried away there! :D Happy Valentines Day! :D

Song to the right is going to be the trailer song for the next book! ;)

~I'd hate to break it to you but, you're just a lonely star. ~And watch you fall apart, cuz in the end what are you without me? ~You take the pride of becoming nothing. ~You keep me on the edge of my seat. ~I can't hate the ones who make me.

****************************************************************************************************************

Through the walls, I could hear David's musical chuckle morph into a more booming sound, like menacing thunder crackling throughout the sky. My Mother's laughter, on the other hand, morphed from a hyena, to a mentally unstable Macaw. Both laughter's sounded one-hundred and fifty-nine percent drunk.

"Oh my God they're drunk. My Mom and David are drunk," I muttered, before my eyes crossed a little.

Marcy ran over to me and held me straight before I could fall forward onto the floor. "Crap, Faith. Are you alright? You face just went like chalk pale!" she said, gently placing me onto my bed. "Do you want me to bring you a plate to eat or something? I made frozen pizza?"

I fell back onto the bed with a grunt and covered my face with my hands. "Why are they here?" I groaned out.

"Well your Mom said she was driving towards the candy story a few blocks down and stopped by. She brought us toffee, candy corn, and chocolate pumpkin lollypops,"Marcy explained with concern in her eyes as she stared at my paled face. "David on the other hand...is he here for the wallet?"

I nodded. "Yes. He's just here for his wallet."

"Then what's the big deal?"

I swiped my hands down my face. "I quit today," I blurted out to the ceiling. "I kicked him in the nuts and practically bolted out of the building away from him. He came over, 'apologized' and then ended up leaving again with both of us upset."

Marcy was in shock, her mouth open in an 'O'. "No-o-o-o freaking way! You quit on David Star, the richest man in Chicago, and kicked him in the ping-pongs? Are you serious?"

I became beat red, flushing away the paleness of my skin. "Yes," I murmured.

"Did you at least get in a few comebacks before he left?"

I gave Marcy the quick summary of my fight with David, and how I not only got a few punches and verbal hits on him, I also scratched him on the face. However, I left out how clingy I had been towards him, and how quickly I ran for the first aid kit after he was scratched.

I also left out that he was my Guardian Angel.

"Alright, Faith!" Marcy burst out, quickly covering her mouth afterwards and turning towards the door. "Alright, Faith!" She shouted happily, putting her hand out for a high-five.

I stared at the hand. "I don't deserve a hand five," I said, lowering my eyes to the ground. "Marcy..." I began in a low tone. "We kissed--"

Her eyes went wide. "After he said all of those things to you? No you didn't!"

I shook my head. "No, Marcy, he kissed me. After we fought."

Marcy slowly covered her mouth.

"And for a moment...for a moment I would have forgiven him right then and there," I continued. "I let my feelings get in the way whenever I'm around him when he has little to no feelings to return." I stood up from the bed, willing tears away, and crossed my arms over my chest. "I need you to help me get him out of my house. I don't want to see him--"