Chapter 4: Inside Newt's Case

As Tina leads the men to a guest room, Queenie takes me over to the other side of the hallway and takes me to another room. "Here you go, dear. This is my room but I can bunk with Tina, so you can use it." She said with smile. "Thank you. That's very kind of you." I said as I look around her room.

"Oh I've made hot cocoa!" She said and she grabs a mug and hands it to me. I take it and smile at her. "Thank you." I mumbled and I take a sip of the warm drink and, Merlin's beard, is it delicious! "Mmm....that's really good!" I said as I take another sip. She smiles and starts to walk out of the room.

"Oh, uh...the toilet's down the hall to the right." She said over her shoulder. I nod as she closes the door behind her and I set the mug down and quietly open the door, just a smidge, to see if it was safe.

I see down the hall Tina is in front of the doorway of the guest room, talking to the men.

After a few moments, she shuts the door and walks away. I shut the door and Disaparate to the guest room. Once I get there, Newt has already jumped out of the bed and placing his case on the floor.

At my arrival, Mr Kowalski lets out a small scream and I raise my finger to my lips. "Ladies first." Newt said after he opens his case and I walk down inside the case.

I jumped down into the wooden shed area, grab my case, that was leaning against the wall, and head over to the little room, I use, to change clothes. I change out of my skirt and blouse and put on a button up shirt and pants, also changing my heels to boots.

As I'm doing this I hear Newt come down then, once I come out of the room, I see Mr Kowalski come crashing down. "Will you sit down." Newt said to him. Mr Kowalski drops on to the Mooncalf pellets crate and mumbled. "That's good." Newt moves forward to examine the bite on his neck.

"Is it the Murtlap?" I asked him.

"Definitely." He responded to me then turns to his workstation.

"You must be particularly susceptible. See, you're a muggle. So our physiologies are subtly different." Newt said to Mr Kowalski while using plants and contents of various bottles to create a poultice, which he rapidly applies to Mr Kowalski's neck.

"Ow." Kowalski said and I make my way over to the workstation and grab the pills he needs.

"Now stay still. Now that should stop the sweating." Newt said and I walk up next him and hand Kowalski the pills.

"And one of those should sort the twitch." I said and Kowalski looks up at me, suspiciously, but decides to take them.

I go over to the table, grab a large carcass and a meat cleaver and start hacking chunks of meat then toss them into a bucket. Newt goes over to the end of the table and grabs a spiny cocoon and slowly begins to squeeze it.

The cocoon emits a luminous venom into the glass vial, that Newt has in his other hand. "Come on..." He whispered to it as he continues to squeeze some more venom. "What you got there?" Mr Kowalski asked Newt.

"Well, this--the locals call Swooping Evil--not the friendliest names. It's quite an agile fellow." Newt responds as he flicks the cocoon, which unravels, dangling elegantly from his finger. "(Y/N) and I've been studying him. And I am pretty sure his venom could be quite useful if properly diluted. Just to remove bad memories, you know." He said then, suddenly, throws the Swooping Evil toward Kowalski and it howls into his face before Newt recalls it. Kowalski recoils dramatically and I hold back a smile.

"Probably shouldn't let him loose in here, though." I said, smiling to myself. Newt smiles, too, and goes to open the door and walk through it. I start to follow, with the bucket of meat in my hand, but stop and look over my shoulder and see that Kowalski is still sitting on the crate.