Chapter 44

Lucas's POV

"Gio, I know I had sworn to be available twenty four hours, whenever you call me but sometimes I need at least an hour or so to myself." I said to him as I met him outside the warehouse."It's the middle of the night."

"And do you have anything more important to do at this time?" Gio asked. "It's not like you have a pregnant wife you had to leave at home to come out here."

"I may not have a pregnant wife but you did interrupt me from something important." I said to him. "I was much more relaxed than being out here."

"What? Did you get lucky tonight or something?" Gio asked raising a brow. "Excellent, now you understand what it feels like when you always seem to have bad timing."

"Can we just deal with this and get it over with so I can go back home?" I asked him.

"Does this means that she's actually at your apartment? Wonder how Amy feel about that...or is it Amy?" Gio asked amused.

"Did you call me out here to have guy talk or so that we can solve a problem?" I asked him ignoring his question.

"So it is. When did this happened? I thought you had denied that there was ever going to be anything between you and her." Gio continued.

"Gio, I can say anything I want and with all respect I doubt Amy's and I current situation is any of your concern right now." I said to him. "Now can we please go get this over with."

***
"Did you know?" I heard Marcos said as he walked into the conference room where Gio, Paolo and I as well as few of the other guys were sitting waiting to have a group meeting with all the members of higher rank.

"Know what?" I asked feigning clueless though I was pretty sure I knew what this is about.

"Did you know about Amy?" Rinaldo asked once again as he sat on the chair on the opposite side of the table.

"What about her?" I asked innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me Lucas." he said sounding annoyed. "Did you know about Amy being my daughter!?"

"Look Rinaldo..." I started to reply but Carter's voice cut me off along with the murmurs of the others who were present.

"What?" Carter asked in surprised. He had just entered the room with us.

"What's this about Amy being your daughter? I'm not sure I heard you correctly."

"Carter that is exactly what I just said." Rinaldo replied looking at his son. "Amy is your sister."

"What? How is that so!?" Carter asked angrily. "Answer me Dad!"

"Her mother and I had a history. We met some years ago when I was in
Barbados." Rinaldo responded. "I never saw her again until few days ago and figured it out."

"When you were in Barbados? Amy is younger than I am so that means it was after mom?" Carter responded as he put the pieces together. "You cheated on her! Does she know!?"

"Carter I suggest you lower your tone with me. You may be an adult but I'm still your father!" Rinaldo responded.

"And a cheating lying bastard too. Does mom know about this? How you went off and screw some other woman making her pregnant!?"

"Your mom and I never had a normal relationship! We were both forced into that arranged marriage at the time. She knew I didn't love her to be faithful... "

"You son of a ....."

"That's enough!" Gio said slamming his hands down on the table as he stood up. "I get that the both of you are angry at each other right now but what's done is done. You're going to have to deal with it and solve your issues some other time but right now this here is an important meeting, that's why you're all here together. You can deal with past issues after we finished having some serious discussions."