1. Chapter 7

(Name) changed out of her pyjamas into some clothes she had stowed away in one of Newt's numerous sheds within his briefcase. The outfit wasn't terribly complicated, but what mattered was that it kept the cold Newt York air out and the toasty goodness in. (Name) straightened the burgundy coat and turned her head to the boys who were preparing to leave as well. After everyone was situated, (Name) walked over to the window and slid open the heavy pane. Cool wind blew her hair out of her face, and she motioned for her companions to follow after her.

Newt paused and looked at her with concern written all over his features. "Come on, Scamander, it's not like it's that high up," (Name) insisted. She stuck her head out of the window and looked down. "... Newt... can you teleport us down there please," (Name) said, as she swivelled in her spot. Her tone was surprisingly calm, considering she was screaming internally. The corner of Newt's lips quirked up momentarily, before he nodded his head and grabbed Mr. Kowalski's arm and (Name)'s waist. With a flick of Newt's wand, they vanished.
~~~
"So, how did you guys meet?" Mr. Kowalski questioned the pair of friends.

"We were neighbours when we were little, actually," Newt explained, smiling softly, recalling past memories.

"Yeah, we spent the summers together and-" (Name) was interrupted by a large crash coming from a store nearby. "What?"

"You stay here," Newt pulled out his wand and slowly tiptoed toward the noise. Despite his words, both (Name) and Mr. Kowalski inched with him toward the store. (Name) realised the noise came from a jewellery shop.

"Newt, do you think perhaps-" her words were hushed again as Newt glided past one of the display windows. He stopped and turned around, looking inside the window, where he cocked his head to the side. (Name) strained to see what he was looking at, and then grinned in realisation. She looked back at Newt, who was staring incredulously at the purring creature with his eyebrows raised. In the blink of an eye, the tricky beast grabbed the bejewelled products around him and dashed behind the counter in which he was atop of.

"Finestra," Newt said, and shattered the glass of the window.

"Newt!" (Name) yelled in disbelief. Not listening to her, he jumped inside the the store to capture the escaped Niffler. Mr. Kowalski ran up to the window and gasped as Newt opened and closed the different drawers in search of the beast. The Niffler suddenly crawled on Newt and leaped on top of a display case. Newt, too, leaped on top of a display case, except he, rather harshly, pushed the entire thing onto the floor. "Newt! Bloomin' heck, 'scuse me," (Name) said as she nudged Mr. Kowalski out of the way and stepped over the broken glass.

She started trying to help Newt not fall off of a counter, but the Niffler jumped onto the chandelier and Newt joined him, spinning uncontrollably. (Name) stood back and stepped outside of the store, looking at the ridiculous sight before her. "How on earth have I been following this dimwit for the past 7 years..." The chandelier fell from the ceiling and Newt ran up several display cases like a stairway, following the animal. He grasped onto the tallest, and it slowly teetered forward, hitting the window. Both the Niffler and Newt stared with wide eyes at (Name) as the glass cracked. "Nope, not looking." (Name) turned around and covered her face as she heard the glass break behind her. Peering in between her fingers, (Name) noticed the familiar wobble-run of the pesky, spiked beast as it ran away from the store, coins and jewellery falling out of its pouch. (Name) reacted quickly, and she leapt on top of the creature, stopping it mid run. She held on to it tightly as Newt accioed all of the 'shinies' out of him, all save for the thin bracelet it was grasping onto in its tiny paws. "Do you mind?" (Name) asked the tiny and suddenly relaxed creature nestled in her arms. It was practically purring in content. It shook its head, and placed the thin chain in her hands. She stared at it in shock, surprised it so willingly gave it up.

"Oooooh~" Mr. Kowalski teased, he turned to Newt and pat him on his shoulder in sympathy, "you lost your chance, my friend." Newt flushed and he shook his head, the muggle laughed at him, teasingly. (Name) opened Newt's case and gently placed the calm beast inside.

"Hold it right there!" The group jumped in surprise as a squad of policemen closed in on them, their guns raised. A growl and a roar broke the tension, and everyone turned in fear as a fully matured male lion stalked forward. Seeing their chance to escape, Newt grabbed (Name) by the hand and ran, Mr. Kowalski following behind.
~~~
The group slowed as the reached the relative centre of Central Park. The stopped on top of a bridge, catching their breath. "What on earth was a lion doing in the streets of New York?" As soon as (Name) uttered those words, an ostrich pushed the group to the sides of the bridge as it ran. "And an ostrich in Central- What the hell? At least I think I now know where we need to go to find the Erumpent."
~~~~~~
The group arrived at the entrance to New York's zoo. Or the new entrance, anyways; a large gaping hole was destroyed in the attraction's walls. Newt reached inside his case and brought out the armour from when he used to play Quidditch. "Here put this on," Newt said as he handed it to Mr. Kowalski.

"What, why?"

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force." Newt closed the case and walked tentatively inside the zoo walls, (Name) trundling after him and Mr. Kowalski left gaping in shock. "Where is she?" Newt asked.

"Well, considering she is essentially a massive, horny whale-rhino, she is probably trying to get it on with an elephant or hippo, or something of similar size," (Name) replied, cringing deeply. Newt looked at her quizzically, but after weighing her logic, it seemed highly plausible.

Newt pulled out is wand and continued forward. "To the large mammal exhibit it is, then."
~~~~~~
Author's note: 1K READS. I SQUAWKED. LIKE NEWT DOES IN HIS MATING CALL. OMG. THANK.

End of half-term is coming up, so my next chapter will be a little late when it comes out, due to the MASS STUDYING I WILL BE PACKING IN BEFORE EXAMS. So, yeah!

Anywho, questions, comments, concerns? You know the drill ;)

Hope you enjoyed reading!!
Byeeeeee