Chapter 38

AS PROMISED, here's the 38th Chapter!

Still busy for the 2012 Jessup International Law Moot Court. Brr.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES ON OR BEFORE FEBRUARY 29! :P

WARNING: Heavy Drama. LOL!

ENJOY!

**********************************************

Chapter 38

Vince:

A sudden feeling of haze swaddled me after taking a sip on the red wine Elaine asked me to drink. It felt like everything around me is spinning and my vision’s getting a bit blurred. I tried to stand up but I almost fall. Luckily, Elaine caught me.

“Are you okay?” she asked, worriedly.

My hands touched the temples of my head and began massaging it. “I’m alright. I’m just – feeling a bit dizzy.”

She holds me still, trying to help me keep my balance. “Go get some rest. You can stay at my bedroom. The couch’s not good if you’re not feeling well. Here, let me help you.”

She accompanied me to her room, still holding me because I can’t seem to keep myself up. When we got there, I laid down trying to relax. But as I close my eyes, I felt Elaine’s hands taking off my shirt.

Immediately, I pulled my shirt down. “What are you doing?” I asked, perplexed.

“Relax. Breathing will be a lot easier if your shirt is off. There’s no need to worry Vince. I’ve seen you shirtless many times before.” And she began taking off my shirt again.

I did nothing to stop her. Because I find no strength to struggle with her. I just wanted to rest. My head is spinning and it hurts like hell.

Elaine stood up from the bed. “I’ll go get some medicine for you.”

“Okay.”

In those minutes of her absence, I found the opportunity to relax. Man, what the hell is going on with me? I’ve never been this dizzy before.  My eyes were shut and I was starting to take off to dreamland when I felt another weight on the bed.

My eyes flung open in an instant and I saw Elaine in a pink silk night gown. She is leaning her body closer to mine and her hands started to caress my face.

“Hey.” I said. “What are you – “

“No talking.” She said as she placed a finger on my lips. The next thing I knew, she was about to kiss me.

I could’ve pushed her away but I can’t. I have no strength to do it. My body felt weak and my head really hurts.

As she leaned closer, my eyes closed. I can’t take it; I want to sleep.

But then, I heard a noise coming from the door. My senses woke up when I turned to look at the door. I saw two familiar-looking persons – a boy and a girl. “Liz?” I said. I wasn’t pretty sure if it was her; my vision’s kind of blurred. But I confirmed when she started to run away. “Liz, wait!”

Even though my knees felt a bit wobbly, I did everything to chase after her. But before I step out of the bedroom, she was out of sight. I saw Dave look at me and mouthed, ‘I’m on it’.

A hand grabbed my arm. “Don’t you dare take a step out of that door, Vince. Or else – I’ll kill myself.”

It was Elaine.