Seven: Off to the hell hole

An hour later I was sat in the kitchen in my new ugly school uniform. The black skirt was Dylan’s and was too big for me so I had to roll it at the waist, making it shorter than a school skirt should be. The shirt was a little too small but that was hidden by the ugliest black blazer with white lining on the cuffs. I pulled my socks up so they were above my knees and the shoes I wore were a pair of low-cut black boots Dylan had in her wardrobe.

“I’m not arguing with you about this Arabella. You are going and that is final.” Archie placed a bowl of porridge in front of me.

“I’m not going.” I pushed the bowl away from me and slouched back in the chair.

“Arabella, it is against the law if you do not go to school.” Archie pushed the bowl towards me once again.

“You kidnapped me!” I stood up “I’m pretty sure that’s illegal too.”

“The school has very kindly given you a place.” Archie ground his teeth, letting me know that my previous comment peeved him off.

“How did you manage to get me a spot, in what, two days?” I raised my eyebrows, sometimes I was on the list of schools for months before I could even get in.

“I have my connections,” He spun around to the countertop behind him and grabbed two little boxes from the shelf before turning around and sitting them next to my untouched porridge. “These are contacts that you are going to have to wear,” He pointed to the first box “and this is human spray.”

“Human spray?” I repeated.

I really need to stop doing that.

“It will give you the scent of a human.” Archie opened the box and pulled out something that looked like a perfume bottle.

“And I don’t smell like a human?” I picked up the purple bottle and inspected it before smelling it “It doesn’t even smell of anything!”

“Not to you it won’t,” Aiden walked in and grabbed the bottle out of my hand “but to those with a more…sensitive nose, you will smell like the average human.”

“Can you smell me then?” I asked him

“No, I don’t have those abilities…something like a Lycanthrope would be able to smell you though.”

“A what-athrope?” I grabbed the bottle of ‘human spray’ back from him.