Chapter 14

Here's your update footballbroncos13!

Brody's POV

I was actually amazed when Alex completely humiliated Kelsy at lunch. What happened to the nice little girl I use to know? The one that couldn't say or do anything mean to someone, other than her brothers, and not regret it and apologize. Something happened in New York and I'm going to find out what. The bell's shrill ring brings me out of my thoughts. I gather my stuff and head out of the classroom.
"Thank Zeus that school is over. I don't know why I even agreed to come," Alex says with a sly smile. I lean against my locker and look at her.
"I think you just couldn't spend a whole day without me." Her eyebrow raises. She crosses her arms and gets a smart arse look.
"Oh I wouldn't bet on that." She then turns and starts walking down the hall. I couldn't help but just stare at her. She was everything that a guy could ever want, and she doesn't even seem to know that. She doesn't even notice all the guys staring at her, like I am. She gets to the door and turns to look at me. "Are you coming?!" I snap out of my trance like state and run to catch up. Alex just stands there, smirking. We walk to my truck and I help her in. "Since when did you become such a gentleman?"
"I always have been one." She just laughs. Ouch. I jump into the driver's side and we head off. There's a comfortable silence, but I just have to ask. "When did you change?" She looks at me with a startled face.
"Wha-what do you mean?" So something did happen.
"Well it's just that the old Alex would've been sorry about embarrassing Kelsy and apologized profusely." She twirls her hair around her finger and looks at he lap.
"I-I don't want to talk about it." I know I should drop it, but I just can't.
"Come on Alex. It's me your best friend. You can trust-"
"I said drop it Brody!" I look and see that her eyes are ablaze. She looks angry, and I can't help but feel angry too. I mean I'm her best friend. We use to tell each other everything.
"No, I don't think I will!" I shout back.
"You impulsive, jerk of a face boy! You need to know when to back out of someone's personal life! There are some things better left alone and never brought up."
"But we're best friends. Anyways, I thought we were." The look on her face when that comes out of my mouth crushes my heart. It looks like she's about to say something, but then it's too late. There's a crash, a scream, the sound of crushing metal and breaking glass, then nothing.

xxxxxxx

Hey! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and had a good New Years. Anyways, sorry for the long wait. I got sick over Christmas and didn't really feel like writing. Also I'm working on a new story called Innocent. Check it out and give me some feedback!! Hehe.... cliffhanger! Gotta love em, or hate them. Either or works. ;)