Chapter 34

3rd Person.

"No! Kol I do not want to be a vampire, never mind one of his freaky little minions!" Luna exclaimed as she walked down the street, Kol on her heels begging her to at least consider his brother's offer.

Kol didn't want his girlfriend to be sired to his freaky brother either but it was the only way she could break this damn curse she was under.

"Baby, please." Kol reached out and grabbed Luna's hand causing her to huff and turn to him with an annoyed look on her face. "They're just going to keep hurting you if you don't turn.. I can't let them do that anymore." Kol explained, keeping both of his hands clutched around Luna's left.

"Kol, I get that. I do," She paused, letting out a breath. "But I really don't want to be a vampire.. what if I can't control it?" She asked. "That's just one problem! There's also the fact that your brother will be in complete control of me and what I do." She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"Lun-" Kol started.

"And then there is the whole dying thing which I'm not really a fan of." She continued. "Then I can't have kids - I want kids!" She exclaimed, missing Kol's shocked expression. "And I'll have to drink from Elena and I don't really think she likes me right now."

Kol broke out of his shocked state with a shake of his head. "Luna. I promise I won't let Klaus control you. I.." He cleared his throat. "Elena will let you drink from her. She may not like you right now or whatever but she still cares about you - she wouldn't let you die." Kol nodded.

"But-" Luna prepared herself to rant again.

".. If you don't turn you will eventually die and I don't think I can deal with losing you right now.. or ever." Kol shook his head.

"You see a future with me?" Luna asked in a small voice.

"Of course I do." He spoke with a slight laugh as if she had asked one of the silliest questions he had ever heard, which he believed to be true. "I wouldn't be with you if I didn't think we had a future together." He admitted and watched her smile grow.

"I love you." Luna admitted after a few seconds of silence.

Kol took a sharp intake of air before his smile grew. "I love you too, if that wasn't already obvious." He snorted as she rolled her eyes at his words. "I'll let you think about this for a while but please don't take too long - I don't like knowing that they can hurt you." Kol spoke and Luna nodded.

"Okay.." She intertwined their fingers and they both began to wander down the empty street, hands swinging between them.

___________________

"Oh this will be fun!" Klaus cheered as he clapped his hands loudly. He, Kol and Luna all stood in the lounge. It had been two days since Kol and Luna had talked about this and she had finally decided that it was probably for the best after her fifth 'blood attack'.

"Klaus." Kol growled in a warning tone.

"Oh relax, brother!" Klaus spoke with a grin as he sauntered towards Luna. "She'll be fine." Klaus spoke with a smirk as he pushed Luna's hair over her shoulder, revealing her neck to him. He began to lean in and she forcefully shoved him back.

"Nuh uh, Bucko. You do not get to bite me," She growled at him, her eyes glowing golden for a short second before returning to their normal brown. Kol gave his brother a warning look and Klaus huffed out in annoyance.

"Very well." He spoke in an esperated tone and took a few steps towards the girls after getting shoved back. He bit into his wrist and made her drink from it. "At least you can't dagger me now or you will die too." He smirked as she had finished drinking.

Luna was given no time to react as Klaus thrust his arms out and twisted her neck with ease, hearing a satisfying snap coming from her before she fell to the floor, landing in a painfully awkward position.

"Do you always have to be so extra?" Kol grumbled as he crouched down beside Luna and lifted her with ease.

"Where's the fun if I'm not?" Klaus asked with a wicked smirk before wiping the blood off of his wrist with his free hand before licking the blood from his fingers. "Well, we better go find the little doppelganger now." Klaus spoke, rubbing his hands together menacingly.

 ___________________ 

"Go away." Elena grumbled as soon as her eyes landed on Klaus who stood on her doorstep, arms behind his back with a sickly sweet smile on his face. She attempted to shut the door on him when he spoke.

"I believe you're missing a key point of why I'm here." Klaus spoke and Elena gave him a confused look. Klaus then side-stepped to the left revealing Kol who held Luna in bridal style, her still passed out in his arms.

"Oh my God!" Elena gasped out in shock. "Is.. is she?" Elena mumbled, feeling sick as she looked at one of her best friends looking dangerously pale.

"Dead? Yes." Klaus nodded quickly whilst Kol kept his attention trained on the girl in his arms, waiting for her to wake up. "Now, here's where you come in. We need your blood so poor little Luna won't die." Klaus explained.

"Wh.. Why mine?" Elena asked dumbly as she didn't know if Klaus knew about Luna being a werewolf.

"I've been informed on her supernatural situation, love." Klaus nodded with his smirk still on his face. "Now, please invite us in so we can help our little wolf here so she doesn't die for good." Klaus motioned back to the brunette Kol held.

"Elena! Who is at the do-" Caroline cut herself off with a groan as she stepped up to the front door, her eyes landing on Klaus first. "Oh. It's you," She eyed him as he smiled lovingly towards her. "What do you wan- Luna! Oh my God!" Caroline once again cut herself off as her eyes landed on Luna.

"Kol, you can come in." Elena nodded towards Kol who instantly moved to the door, stepping in as Elena moved out of the way. Kol had already been invited in but Elena just wanted to annoy Klaus even more. "You wait here, good Dog." Elena eyed Klaus' annoyed expression before returning inside the house.

Caroline stayed leaned up against the door frame for a second longer, giving Klaus a fake smile before shutting the door in his face and moving into the lounge where Kol had now set Luna down on the couch.

"Why.. why is she dead?" Elena asked in a shaky voice.

Kol rubbed his hand across his forehead for a second before answering Elena's question. "She was cursed by two idiots and the only way to stop the curse was to turn her into a hybrid." Kol explained.

Caroline nodded as Elena gave him a skeptical look.

"It was her choice. Neither Klaus or I forced her into this." Kol added as he noticed Elena's expression. "Believe me, she was against it for a while but she knew it was the only way. She's a fighter - she's got this." Kol nodded.

"Okay.. okay," Caroline muttered whilst nodding. "What now?" She asked.

"Well we obviously need my blood for when she wakes up," Elena muttered as she rubbed her left hand across her right arm. "Uhm, do we need to call Bonnie and ask her to make Luna a daylight ring?" Elena asked.

"No, No. She's a hybrid like Tyler. She won't need a ring." Caroline answered whilst shaking her head. "Now what, Kol?" Caroline asked, turning her attention to the original hybrid beside her who stayed close to Luna.

"Now we wait."