16- For nothing

It wasn't until Saturday, two days later when I saw Elijah again. I would've been even more excited if he didn't call me in the middle of the night. Drunk...

"What?" I snapped into the phone, not bothering to check the caller ID. If it was Stacey, then so help me God.
"Lilah." A drunk and low growl greeted me. I shot up from my bed.

"Elijah." I breathed out and heard him chuckle.
"The one and only." He slurred and I noticed the background was silent, but his voice didn't echo, so I doubted he was in his room.

"Where are you?" I asked and then heard another man talk in the background.
"Yes, calm down. Lilah?" Elijah said to the other person and then said my name so loud, I had to pull the phone away from my ear.

"Yes?" I asked, standing up and turning on the lights in my room.
"I need you to come outside and pay my cab driver. He's getting impatient as fuck." He told me and I frowned, before looking outside my window. And sure enough I could see his figure standing right next to another one.

I hung up and pulled my coat over my bra less self. I hurried to get outside and Elijah smiled at me, before turning towards the cab driver.
"See? I told you she'd come." The driver just shook his head at my drunk friend before looking at me expectantly.

"Yes, uh. How much?" I asked, still halfway asleep. The driver told me the amount and I paid him. The middle-aged man didn't waste a second before stepping back into his car and driving off. I looked at Elijah, who waved at the car.

"Elijah." I said and he turned around. His eyes were red and he had bags under them. His face looked red too and over all he looked really bad.
"Huh? Yes, hi." He threw his arms around me and kissed the top of my head sloppily.

"Hi. Let's get you inside." I said, pulling away from him, because instead of his familiar cologne, the smell of alcohol reached my nose. I took his hand and he stumbled a little when we walked, but we managed to walk inside.

"Lilah." He slurred as he lead the way towards my bedroom. I followed and watched him throw himself onto my messy sheets. If he weren't drunk, this sight would mean so much more to me.

"Come here." He opened his arms and I sighed. It felt wrong.
"Elijah, I-" I said, but he took a hold of my coat, that I didn't take off yet and I landed on top of him. He grunted and threw his arms around me, holding me in place.

"I miss you, Lilah." He murmured against my hair and I felt my heart pick up speed.
"I-I miss you too." I said and he chuckled.
"Yeah, right." He snorted and I frowned, lifting my head to look into his glassy eyes.

"I do. You're the one who never picked up my calls." I said.
"But you didn't come to my fight tonight. Your brother was there. And he even apologized." Elijah suddenly chuckled.

"That idiot was so scared. But I didn't punch him, Lilah. Don't worry." He assured me, squeezing my hips. I was surprised to hear about Jason's apology. I knew about the fight, but not that he was actually going. He didn't ask me to drive him at least.

"That's nice." I answered him.
"Yes, I know. I'm very nice." He burped and I grimaced. Ew, I felt that on my hair. He chuckled after that and started playing with my hair.

"I always loved your hair, you know. So soft and curly. Of course I never touched it before. That would be weird, right?" He kissed my head again and I sighed.
"No, it wouldn't be." I said honestly.

"Yes, it would. If a looser like me touched your hair, they would've killed me." He said.
"Elijah, you're not a looser." I told him. He chuckled again.
"I know. Not anymore."

I wanted to answer in all honesty, but decided against it. He would've forgotten it the next day anyways. I just wanted this night to be over already, so we could talk again. Now that he was here, I was determined to have that conversation.