Episode 66 - The Arena

Previously:

After the multicasting test, it is time for the written exam that tests examinee's knowledge of theory of magic.

* * *

Elaru burst into her designated classroom with glee. Unlike the classrooms where she was previously taking the tests, which were small with movable desks and chairs, the current classroom was a big auditorium for large lectures with many rows of benches surrounding the podium in a 120-degree arc.

Elaru found the seat marked with her number and sat down, only to realize that everyone in the room was staring at her.

Was it because of her examinee number that was considered unlucky? Was it because she was a natural attention magnet with her beautiful, otherworldly appearance? Was it because she wore her quest seeking equipment full of weapons?

Perhaps it was because of her powerful, charismatic aura? Or because her excitement and glee radiated from her in waves through her mana?

Maybe it was because her body curvature was too eye-catching, especially for the male population?

No.

It was probably because of the large red stain on her shirt.

If it were any other girl, she would feel shy and uncomfortable being seen in stained clothes. Her cheeks would burn, and she would look down.

Not Elaru though. She wore it with pride as if it was a mark of honor. She looked at the people gazing at her and gave them a confident, brilliant smile. The smile that was more radiant than the sun and more beautiful than the night sky.

Naturally, everyone that saw it averted their eyes, pink and red blush spreading on many faces. However, many of those embarrassed looks were drawn back to her as soon as her eyes moved to scan another individual.

They couldn't help but stare. However, they didn't like being caught doing it.

Both girls and boys avoided her gaze. Both girls and boys equally blushed when she smiled at them.

But the attention didn't bother Elaru at all. She could have been standing naked, and she would still radiate that confidence that disregarded anyone else's opinion.

While sweeping the room with her gaze, Elaru's noticed Arion sitting a few desks away from her. He waved at her and grinned widely.

She waved back and continued with her sweep until her gaze landed on the supervising teacher. Surprisingly, it was neither Zerel nor Deora.

It was a female elibu in her thirties with long wavy, marine blue hair. The woman was petite in build and very pretty. She seemed to be a patient and kind type of a teacher. When Elaru's eyes landed on the lady, the lady smiled kindly and averted her deep green eyes away with a slight blush.

Elaru's bright smile widened, her teal eyes glittering mischievously.

Elaru didn't have the standard type of education, a written test was a concept unfamiliar to her. But luck seemed to be on her side this evening. If she didn't understand something, she was sure that the nice professor lady wouldn't mind helping her out.

* * *

The situation in Kiel's classroom wasn't much different from the situation in Elaru's classroom.

Saying that Kiel was a devilishly handsome individual would be selling him short. He attracted gazes wherever he went. His cold charm attracted girls like fragrant flowers attracted bees.