[35]: OUTBREAK

_______________
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE;
[ OUTBREAK ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

_______________CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE;[ OUTBREAK ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

For the first time, Athena felt at ease.

She awoke in Glenn's arms, a smile plastered on her face and the feeling of warmth coursing through her body. She could feel Glenn's fingers settled on the base of her stomach, his arm thrown around her as Athena's body lied against his. Bright light streamed in through the tower window, making the brunette take notice of the bracelet that now shone on his wrist. "Morning," she suddenly heard behind her, and Athena's head snapped to the side, her eyes meeting a pair of brown ones. Smiling widely, Athena twisted her body so that she could face him, then moving her hand to his cheek. Cupping it, Athena watched as Glenn's face softened at her touch. "You're so beautiful." He smiled, taking ahold of her hand before pressing his lips to her knuckles.

"I look like a mess." Athena rolled her eyes, rubbing them soon after. "You on the other hand—"

"Don't even get me started." Glenn chuckled, placing his hands on Athena's waist, and the brunette reacted by pulling away—a fit of laughs leaving her mouth.

"I'm ticklish!" She squealed, falling off the mattress as Glenn grinned widely. "I—"

The brunette's words were cut short when a sudden wave of nausea exploded in her head. Placing her hand on the ground to steady herself, Athena squeezed her eyes shut as pain bursted in her stomach.

"Athena—" Glenn said worriedly, falling to her side as the brunette felt something crawl it's way up her throat. Letting out a grunt, Athena emptied what she thought was vomit onto the floor—but the taste of metal in her mouth said otherwise. Blinking open her eyes, Athena's gaze landed on the sight of blood splattered across the floor, her throat burning and stomach swooshing with what felt like acid. Clenching her fingers into the fabric of her shirt, Athena held back a scream of pain as Glenn tried to lift her to her feet.

"We need to get you to Hershel." Glenn ushered with a worried voice, helping Athena make her way down the stairs of the guard tower. The brunette wavered as they walked downwards, eyes falling as the pain in her body increased. "Stay with me, Athena. Please stay with me."

By the time they reached the white-haired man and the fellow Woodbury Doctor, Athena was a complete mess. Blood dribbled from her lips, the constant fight for air making the pale skinned woman turn blue. She couldn't think—couldn't breathe—couldn't process what was going on. Athena laid in the prison bed, gasping for air as Hershel and the Doctor worked side by side. Glenn watched as an oxygen mask was strapped over Athena's mouth, the tube that was pushed inside her throat making her shake violently. It pained the Korean to watch, but he stayed by her side, her twitching hands in his as he watched with an expression of pure misery. It took minutes for Athena to finally drift into a state of unconsciousness, but Hershel assured him that it was only going to add to Athena's distressed state.