Chapter Seventeen

The first few steps into the party were hectic, everyone was calling out our names and wanting to talk with us, but Silas held on firmly to all of us and directed us in the direction of the platform in the back of the yard that had been made into a stage.

We stand on the platform as we wait for the crowd to quiet down. I don't know what Silas wants us to do so we stand still as we wait for him to tell us to do. We never really planned what we were going to do once we got up on the stage, all I knew is that Silas wanted to have a grand entrance with us, but I think it also had to do with all the grabby hands, we would have never made it up to the stage without the proper help from Silas.

"Everyone. I would like to introduce my mate, your luna." The crowds cheers cut off Silas's next words and he patiently waited for then to calm down with a smile on his face.

"His name is Sorenson, and his three younger brother will be joining our pack." The crowd cheered again, and they began chanting my name. Silas soon grew irritated that the crowd wasn't quieting down soon. He held his hand up in the air in a halt position, and everyone instantly stopped talking, leaving a loud echo to travel around.

"Now, we will eat, and you all will have a chance to meet the newest members of our pack, and your luna." The crowd cheered again before everyone broke off and started towards the line for food. I looked over at Silas to see where he wanted us, but his gaze was narrowed in on the crowd. I look at where he was looking and saw the blonde bimbo from the other day glaring at all of us on the stage, mainly me, but when she noticed that Silas was glaring at her, her gaze softend as she gave him a wink before skipping, literally skipping, away to the food line. She started babbling to a group of girls that looked simular in person before all of them turned around and looked at me disapproving.

I looked down at my clothes and don't see anything wrong with the jeans and button up I am wearing, maybe it's my face, I know a lot of people would call me average, and an average person doesn't deserve someone like Silas.

"Don't bother with them, I'll have a chat with her later." Kota grumbled as he stared at the group of bimbos who slowly begin to look away from me and plate food for themselves.

"Do you want to eat first, or mingle?" Silas asked as he placed his large hand against the small of my back. I flinched slightly and turned towards him. He smiles down at me with a soft glaze over his eyes that wasn't there when he looked at the girl.

"Can we get food first? I'm hungry." Zain whined as he rubbed his flat stomach, Gabriel and Kota nodded theirs head so fast that they looked like they might bobble off. I rolled my eyes but nodded at Silas. I wasn't going to say anything but I'm kind of hungry too.

"Alright, we can get our food and if anyone comes over to us we can eat and greet. Is that okay?" Silas looked at all of us. Zain and Gabriel nodded their heads even though they don't even know what is being discussed, Kota and I nod quickly before following Silas towards one of the food lines.

Based on how many people I see, I'm assuming that this barbecue is going to last more then an hour like I was hoping.