The One Where Merlin Lies, a Lot

Chapter 2 The One Where Merlin Lies, a Lot

Merlin regained some of his consciousness after a while, only to have the darkness replaced with a flood of memories. He saw memories from his time in Camelot with Arthur and the Knights. He could see the first time he had met Gwaine, several of his long discussions about magic with Gaius and his short time with Freya among some of the memories.

But they were soon replaced with other memories during his 14th century old life, until finally something new came in view. It wasn't a memory but it showed a place he recognised. Merlin would never forget that place; after all he had lived just beside it for several hundred years.

It was the lake, but there where something else there to. Merlin couldn't see what it was at first where he stood on the shore, but it came closer and closer until Merlin finally realised it was a person, a person with a long red cloak, chain-mail and ruffled blond hair. He looked at Merlin with eyes as blue as the sky and a smirk on his face as he stood in the lake with water up to his waist.

"Arthur!" Merlin called out to him and started running towards him, "Arthur, Arthur, ARTHUR!" But the vision started to disappear and instead he saw several pair of eyes looking at him where he sat in the bed. He hadn't noticed that he had sat up but he could feel the gold from his eyes disappear as he was regaining his consciousness.

When he looked around the room he could see two women and an old man looking down on him from the end of the bed. On the opposite side of the room, two young boys and two young girls sat on two beds. On the far corner of the room, there was a toad like woman lying in a bed, seemingly asleep.

Merlin recognised them all from the crystals. The old man was Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster at Hogwarts. One of the women was Professor McGonagall and the other was the healer, Madame Pomfrey. The toad like woman was Professor Umbridge; Merlin shuddered a little when he saw her. He hadn't met her personally but he had seen enough visions and heard enough stories to know how evil she was.

Merlin recognised the children to. The ones in bed were Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry's best friends. Harry himself sat on Hermione's bed, and the other girl that was sitting on Ron's bed was Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister.

Merlin ignored them all with a shrug and immediately jumped of the bed and started looking for his staff.

"I guess this is what you are looking for." Dumbledore said to him and showed him the staff. "But I think it's better that you explain who you are first before I give this back to you."

Merlin eyed him suspiciously but he understood that he would get his staff back faster and with less violence if he told them part of who he was. He couldn't tell them the entire truth yet, they weren't ready for that, and it would be easier to convince them later if they trusted him, so he sat down on the bed again.

"My name is Marcus Embrose." He said. It was a name that he had used before so it would be easy to remember.

"Do you care tell us what you were doing in the forbidden forest and how you got the injuries?" Dumbledore asked.

"I was trying to save Harry." Merlin answered and made a nod to the black haired boy on the other side. He figured that he could at least tell them that part. "I saw what was going to happen at the ministry," He paused and looked out the window "Was it two days ago?" He asked but continued before anyone could answer.

"But as I was making my way over two where they were going to fly with the Testriles, I caught my foot on a root, clumsy as I am." He said with a small chuckle "I hit my head hard enough to pass out. By the time I woke up it was already too late, so I decided to make my way to the school instead, because I was too weak to heal myself." He finished.