Chapter Eighteen

"I was wondering if you ever wanted to help around the nursery. I know you have a lot of duties by just being the luna, but it would be great if you could stop by sometime, you're great with kids. We would love to have you." I smiled at the old women before nodding.

"Yeah, definately. I would love to come and help. I mean it's only fair since the boys go there everyday." I answer her with an easy smile. As the hours drew on I learned to embrace the small talk and have fun. I'm not worrying about what people with think about me, because they can't say anything that will make me leave, or make Silas want to leave me or make me leave.

"Thank you honey. Come whenever you have time and I'm sure we'll have so much fun." The old lady smiles at me a final time before walking off to another older man who seems to be her mate by the way the kiss and hold eachother. I hope someday Silas and I can be like that, watching our grandkids run around the yard and just enjoying eachother's company.

"Well, look at what the cat dragged in." My body tenses ands I turn around and see the girl and a few of her friends. They all look the same, too much makeup, too bright of hair, too tight of clothes, and too high of heals. I don't even know how you can walk in heals while walking in grass, don't they sink in?

"What?" I ask dumbly as I stare at the girl - who is taller then me by a few inches - confused. She smirks at me before breaking out into a laugh that resembles a hyena.

"Wow, he's ugly and stupid. The alpha sure did pick a charity case." She mused as she stared at me with malice in her eyes.

"What are you talking about, we're mates, he didn't chose me for anything." I grumble as I stare at her. She seems shocked that I talked back, let alone defended myself.

"Wow, would you look at that, he can't even speak a full sentence without the help of the alpha, and what I meant is that the alpha would never be mated to someone like you, he has to much potential, and to be mated to an omega, as if. He and I love eachother, he's just to blind to realize it, but when he does, he'll leave you in a a heartbeat, so I guess you better hope he gives you money or something as a sorry, because that's all your gonna be getting from my man." She sneered before her and her little minions stomp across the yard and back into the pack house.

I roll my eyes. There is no way that Silas could be faking these feeling, mine and his, just for his own amusement, or like she said, to hide his feeling for her. I don't think she realizes that I'm a boy though, so that would make Silas gay, and unless under all that makeup is a boy, I seriously think she is out of luck.

"Was she bothering you?" I hear a deep voice behind me grumble. I turn around and am faced with around giant. He must be around few inches taller then Silas because even Silas would look short compared to him.

"No, nothing I can't handle. Just jealous sl*ts." I cover my mouth with my hand. I can't believe I just said that, a swear word. I hate swearing, and then I go and do it, what kind of role model am I for my brothers?

"Its fine, I agree, she need to learn how to wear clothes that fit her, and have a new  personality that doesn't say 'fuck me' in glittery pink." He agrees as he looks behind me at the pack house. I don't look because I know he is still look at the group of girls.

"Yeah I guess. So, what's your name?" I ask as I hold my hand for a hand shake.

"Randal." He answers as he give my hand one firm pump before dripping it and letting it slide back down to his side. He smiles - more like a grimace, but he tried - before backing up and walking away.

I stare after him for a few more seconds until I can feel Silas's presence behind me.

"Were you talking to Randal?" He ask as he flings his arms around my shoulders. I nod as I look up at him in question. He hums but doesn't say anything else before turning me around and walking in the other direction.

I take a few steps before looking over my shoulder, but Randal is nowhere to be seen.