Chapter 9

Okay another update. Couldn't help it, exams are seriously making me qpull my hair out. I've been living on coffee and biscuits for a whole week. I have no idea how I'm gonna survive the next week. >.<

okaiii enough ranting.... On with the story. :P

Dedicating this chapter to @elyzakityevans13 because:

1) she dedicated a chapter in HER book to me (It's seriously awesome guys, she writes FANTASTICALLY, go check her out!!! ^_^)

2) she has commented on almost every single chapter.

Thanks so much sweetie, I'd dedicate this whole book to you if I could.. :) <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint sighed in frustration.

He had been staring at his hands, the very same ones Alex had grabbed and said something that made him stop breathing and his heart beat faster, for the past half an hour.

After Alex had said that, she'd smiled sweetly at him, waved and skipped off.

Like what she just did was nothing at all.

The worst part was, he didn't even understand his own reaction. Usually he'd wipe his hands off his shirt and continue on whatever the hell he was doing before this, but now... Now....

Slumping back into his chair he groaned.

What the hell was wrong with him??

Looking at his watch, he saw that it was almost time for his shift at John's bar.

Maybe, what he needed was an ice-cream? Clint wondered briefly. Maybe he should try the one that Alex had, the first time they bumped into each other.

Remembering the way she giggled and stared at him like he was an alien, he smiled and shook his head.

Then he caught himself smiling and groaned again, face palming himself.

Alright. Time for an ice-cream.

With lots of alcohol in it.

-----------------------------

Alex was dragging her feet, trying to delay confronting her adopted father as much as possible.

She had skipped out of the empty classroom after her talk with Clint, feeling elated for some reason.

It felt good to know someone cared enough for her to want to help her so much. Clint made her feel warm and fuzzy all over, something that Justin had never made her feel throughout their "relationship" .

If she could even call it that.

Thinking of Justin made her heart clench in pain.

Guess the betrayal she felt wouldn't fade as fast as she wanted it to.

But time seemed to have reduced the once sharp pain into a dull ache. She now regretted wasting her time on someone like Justin, and wasting her emotions on fake friends like Lily and Jennifer.

It still hurt though, to know that there was no one in the world she could trust. To confide in. To love and know for sure they would love her back.

Maybe that was why she was so desperate to find her brother, the one person she knew would never turn his back on her. Because blood was thicker than water.