Chapter 19

A/N sorry If the department of mysteries scene isn't the exact same as the film! I didn't want to watch it and get it spot on, but I tried to get the main idea across! It will also be a bit different anyway, because of he whole Cordelia thing.

It was the charms exam; Umbridge was pacing along the front of the hall, her smug little smile embedded on her face. Hermione had revised long and hard for this exam, and had finished it in no less than ten minutes. Looking up, she saw Harry writing things down, and Ron playing with his pen. He hadn't revised. Typical Ron.

The clock was ticking, Hermione was checking over work again, until she heard a thud in the background. The noises were faint to start off, but soon they grabbed everyone's attention. Umbridge strutted through the desks, her pink heels making loud noises against the wooden floor. Evil woman.

She opened the large oak doors, and nothing happened for a moment, but when she turned back around Fred and George Weasley came in on broomsticks with handfuls of fireworks, the tests were flying of the desks. Everyone ran out of the hall outside, ignoring Umbridge and her demands. Hermione turned around to see Harry, collapsed on the floor, struggling. Hermione looked at Harry, with a worried expression.

"He's got Sirius!"

***** A few hours later *****

They ran through the corridors of the department of mysteries, there were glass orbs surrounding them. Harry was drawn to one of them, but before Hermione could give it more thought, they were interrupted by Lucius Malfoy.

"Where is Sirius." Harry said, very seriously.

"Potter, you should really know the difference between dreams," and then he removed his mask. "And reality. Now hand me the prophecy,"

"You do anything to us, I'll break it,"

"Oooooh," a sly voice said, accompanied with a deafening cackle. "He knows how to play!" Bellatrix said, resting her arm on Lucius. They had been on strict instructions to use no magic until the had retrieved the prophecy.

"Bellatrix Lestrange." Neville Longbottom said, he pointed his want up, before Hermione grabbed his arm.

"Neville, no!" Hermione whispered under her breath.

"Neville Longbottom is it? How's mum and dad?" Bellatrix said laughing. "They had it coming,"

"DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM LIKE THAT!" Neville shouted. "Stupefy!"

"Sectumsempra!" Bellatrix responded, but before it could hit Neville, Hermione jumped infront. Hermione screamed as the curse hit her, and was sent to the floor, the usual reaction to that spell, but then something unexpected happened. Bellatrix was sent flying across the room, until she crashed against the wall. Harry dropped the orb, and it smashed, making Lucius curse himself.

"What are you playing at Bella?" He snapped, as he looked at his sister in law.

"ITS THE MUDBLOOD!" Bellatrix cried. "SHE DID SOMETHING, WHAT DID YOU DO YOU STUPID GIRL!"

Hermione was struggling to respond, but Ginny was helping her up to a sitting position. "I don't know," she sobbed, her clothes soaked in blood from Bellatrix's curse. "You evil psychopath! It's your own fault! I didn't do anything!"

"It's my own fault," Bellatrix muttered, before her eyes lit up. "LUCIUS, ITS MY OWN FAULT!"

The rest of the room looked at Bellatrix, Azkaban really had made her even more mad.
Bellatrix took a deep breath in and then screamed one short sentence so loudly the prophecies shook.

"ITS CORDELIA YOU BLITHERING IDIOT!" She screamed. She then looked at Hermione strait in the eyes, and Hermione saw her eyes fill with water. Bellatrix, crying? "I've found you," she mouthed to Hermione.

"Let's go." Harry said, before Running to the floo network and returning to hogwarts with everyone else, including a very injured Hermione who was being dragged by Ginny and Luna.