Lessons (Sandor Clegane x fem!Baratheon reader)

You grunted as you hit the ground. How in the Seven Hells had that happened? Your opponent was a practice dummy! "Yer balance is off," a raspy voice made you jump. You turned to see Sandor Clegane standing at the edge of the practice yard. You hadn't expected anyone to be outside the Keep. It was the middle of the night after all. You'd been coming out every night for a couple of weeks, trying to learn how to fight. With your nephew on the Iron Throne, you thought it would be for the best.

You stood up and brushed yourself off as Sandor got closer to you. Unlike most ladies, you didn't flinch away. Not only were you not afraid of him, but you were curious to see if he was going to help you or mock you. "My balance?" He gave a curt nod. "If yer not balanced, you'll fall every time. Yer opponent will be able ta get the better of ya." You cocked your head to the side, in hopes he would continue.

Seeing the look on your face, Sandor sighed. Normally, he would have simply scoffed and walked away but, he believed you were being smart. Not many women knew how to fight and, in the cruel city of King's Landing, knowing how to defend yourself was blessing. If you wanted to learn how to fight with more than words and what was between your legs, then Sandor wasn't going to stop you.

Slowly, Sandor handed you your practice sword. He hesitantly placed his hand on your arms, showing you how to properly hold the sword, so your arms wouldn't pop out of socket and your wrist wouldn't break when you attacked or blocked. Using his feet, he gently pushed on yours until your stance was right. You could tell he was a little nervous about being so close and having his hands on you. You could feel how tense he was, trying so hard not to hurt you.

After you were positioned properly, Sandor backed away. "Now, show me how ya do it." Taking a deep breath, you thrust at the dummy. You knew it looked clumsy and weak and you half expected Sandor to laugh. He didn't. "Ya need ta put more power behind yer attacks." He got close again, showing how to use every muscle in your body when wielding the sword. It was dawn before the two of you finally left the practice yard.

"Thank you, Sandor. Perhaps we could continue these lessons?" you asked as he escorted you back to the Keep. He grunted in response, but didn't actually say anything. You shrugged and went to your chambers. You returned to the practice yard the next night, surprised to see Sandor waiting for you. You gave him a smile and got to work.

The two of you practiced in secret for months, each night bringing you closer together than the night before. Before you even realized what was happening, you had fallen in love Sandor. During your lessons, you were able to look behind the mask of the cruel, brutal killer and find the honest man with a heart of gold. You saw the man he could be. You hadn't realized that he fell in love with you as well. He fell in love with the woman under the perfect lady, the king's aunt. The one who was willing to better herself. To protect herself and others. Nothing was said about it between you though. Not until the feast of your goodsister's nameday.

You walked into the crowded room by yourself, your eyes scanning the room for the person you wanted most to see. You weren't a fan of large celebrations and you knew Sandor wasn't either. So, you sought him out, hoping to spend the evening talking to him. You finally found him and smiled. Before you could make your way over to him, a young lord stepped into your path. "Lady Y/N, may I have this dance?" You felt Cersei's intense gaze on you and knew you had no choice but to agree.

Dance after dance with different lords and knights had you bored to tears. Finally, your eyes met Sandor's. His were blazing with fury and jealousy. With your eyes, you were pleading with him to save you. He drew himself up to his full height and made his way over to where you were in the arms of yet another knight. You smirked when Sandor cast a shadow over the knight in question. His eyes went wide as he turned to see Sandor standing there.

"Go," was all Sandor said, causing the knight to remove his hands and back away. You get see him practically soil himself as he ran as far from Sandor as he could get. You chuckled before looking back up at your savior. "Will you dance with me, Sandor?" He looked uncomfortable for a minute, but feeling your hand on his arm gave him courage. He wrapped his arm around you and began moving to the music.

Years of using a sword had taught Sandor a grace you didn't think was possible for a man so large. Still, your dancing was less than graceful since you were so much smaller than he was. Sandor noticed this and gently lifted you. His arm was still wrapped around your lower back as he held you up. You couldn't help but giggle as he lifted you up so you were face to face with him. You even swore you saw the hint of a smile grace his lips. Before you could even think about what you were doing, you pressed your lips to his.

Sandor froze, nearly dropping you. It took him a moment to register what was happening. Then, without disconnecting your lips, he swung your legs up so he could hold you bridal style. Neither of you noticed or cared that the room had gone quiet. Everyone at the feast was looking on in surprise. No one could believe that the two of you were kissing, you in Sandor's arms and your arms wrapped around his neck.

You separated from Sandor, out of breath. You could feel you lips already swelling from the kiss. You opened your eyes to find him looking at you, his pupils blown wide. Only then did you realize you were being watched. Your face heated up and Sandor set you back down on your feet. Not saying a word, you took him by the hand and lead him from the room, ignoring the whispering that immediately started.

Once in the corridor, you turned back to him. Not even a second passed before you were back in his arms and his lips crashed into yours again. A moment later,you felt your back being pressed against the cool stone of the wall. Having you pinned against the wall, Sandor could now move his hands to your hips and kiss you with fervor since he wasn't as focused on holding you. This time when you parted, you were panting heavily. "We should take this somewhere more private," you whispered once you caught your breath. He gave you a genuine smile, letting you down again. You gazed up at him. "I love you,Sandor." He cleared his throat and replied quietly, "I love ya,too."