Performer's Permit

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Ash leaves me in the drawing room to fetch the Queen. I shuffle in my seat every now and again as I wait, clutching Teddy tightly to my chest. Ash's words had comforted me somewhat, but this whole thing is absolutely extraordinary! I swear, if Sebastian or Ciel suddenly show up, I'm gonna pass out! I take a deep breath to compose myself as the door opens.

I move to sit straight, rather than hunched over as I watch the butler in white hold the door open for the lady shrouded in black to enter. Her steps are light, but I can hear her shoes tapping against the floor as she approaches me. As if it were on instinct, I stand up and give a respectful curtsy while removing my hat. I remain standing until she is seated across on a padded chair in front of me but continue to leave my hat off, opting to place it on Teddy's head instead. Meanwhile Ash stays to the Queen's side, as was expected. The man leans down so that she can whisper into his ear after some awkward moments of silence before giving a light nod and standing straight again. His amethyst eyes burn into my own as he shares her words with me.

"She says to you, 'Welcome, I am The Queen, Victoria. It is a pleasure. Might I ask for your name?'" I give a light nod and gulp to soothe my dry throat a bit, hoping my voice wouldn't crack or waver in an embarrassing way.

"It's a pleasure to meet you in person, your majesty. Oh, and my name is Y/N L/N. Forgive me if I come off a bit anxious. It's the first time I've been in the presence of royalty. It's all a bit surreal to me." I say politely without a flawed voice, thankfully. After we've established who we are, my anxiety goes down, and I relax some. The tense air seemed to disappear as she speaks softly to Ash again.

"'You have quite the talent, miss L/N. You're voice is magnificent, and it would be my pleasure granting you this permit personally'." She hands the angel an envelope, which he takes before coming towards me. I grab the paper from his gloved hands before he returns to Queen Victoria's side.

"Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. I must say, I was surprised to have been called here. It was a pleasant surprise, though." I chuckle lightly to ease my nerves even further. A light smile tugs at my lips. "Also, you don't have to refer to me as 'Miss L/N'. Y/N is more than enough." It felt strange to have my name said formally, and being called by my first name is the preferred option. The Queen murmurs something into Ash's ear, so he can respond.